Amps For An Idiot

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Aight, I got a 92 Mustang convertible that w/ 6 Speakers. Ive been researching ways of proper instalation. I also tired to understand all the terminology but i lack intellagence in that area of electronics.

I have 2 MM2104DVC subs, I really like them so I wanna stick with polk/momo for all 8 speakers im gonna get. Pwr handling is 300cont-600peak, what size monoblock amp will I need to get the most outta both subs?

As far as the front Im prolly Going with MMC6500 Comps for my fronts,125cont watts - 250peak again what will be a good amp?
For my rear sides I was looking at MMC690, 100cont-300peak. Can I run all 6 speakers off one amp or should I use a sperate amp for fronts and rears? Thats the part im confused about the most, im not sure what numbers I should use the find the best amp.

I also have a Rockford Fosgate 160.2 Amp, will I be able to utilize it in my intended setup or should I sell it and use the cash to help buy a new one?

Thanks
L. Freeburn
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    you'll want a monoblock that can make 6oo watts at either 1 OR 4 ohms; possibilities abound, and depend upon your budget.

nice choice for the fronts. the 300.2 will do quite well if you wish to use the provided xover. the 400.4 is ideal for biamping these speakers (there's a button on the amp specifically for biamping polks :)). polk amps, while expensive, are well worth the cost. if they're out of your price range, take a look at their specs (only the 4 ohm ones, you won't need the 2-ohm specs) and find an amp that fits. we can point you in many good directions if you wish.

the RF amp you have will do quite well for the rears (assuming that it's rated at 80 x 2 @ 4 ohms, as the 160.2 would indicate).
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs