XS Cargo

glemay
glemay Posts: 574
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Have any of you guys ever heard of this store? They have a lot of stuff for cheap and was wondering what you guys thought about some of the deals they had in the car audio section. Is it all just junk or what? Like what is Rockbox, and MA Audio and Visonic...

What do you think?

XS Cargo

Gerald
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    that site frightens me.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2005
    their prices really aren't that good.

easiest place to buy your normal car audio used daily - www.sounddomain.com/shop

retail - full warranty - VERY good prices - check out the Stinger and Lightning Audio power cable and connectors section - CHEAPEST good quality power cable you'll find.

and they sell polk :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Agreed. Sounddomain and Crutchfield are the only online retailers Ill buy from and Sounddomain is usually cheaper.

Not only are they fully authorized by all brands they carry but they are generally 15% lower than retail which Crutchfield is not.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • glemay
    edited March 2005
    Just wanted to know what you guys thought, and yes I was thinking the same as you guys. To me it looks like junk.
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited March 2005
    Theres one close to where I live... most of it is junk but I've picked up a few crappy things that I needed. (eg. 30 ft spool of monster cable speaker wire for 5 bucks) I really don't trust them for anything of value since their return policy is horrible so it's kind of like an expensive garage sale.

all these online sites you have mentioned are out of the US right..? We canadians need a cheap supplier cause getting stuff across that border can get expensive. Anyone know of similar Canadian sites?
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    i've got no idea... google allows you to do a 'local' search, perhaps that would help? maybe use the advanced search and tell it to only use .ca domains? find an audio forum based in canada, ask them?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • glemay
    edited March 2005
    mike,

XS Cargo is canadian. Those are canadian prices.

Gerald
    Main System:

Second System:
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited March 2005
    Yea I know XS cargo is Canadian... I was talking about places like Crutchfield, sounddomain and partsexpress. I'll try and find a similar canadian site.