New Sound is on the Way...

spackelman
spackelman Posts: 31
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - Crew Cab

I ordered my stuff, this is the system:

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-960MP (Electronics City.com ($399.00)

Amp MTX Road Thunder RT404 (Car Domain.com $164.95)

Fr Speakers Polk MMC 6500 Componets (Car Domain $299.00)

Rr Speakers Polk db 675 (Car Domain $109.95)

Will this work??

I hope it all comes together as planned.
Post edited by spackelman on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    that will be great, as long as you bridge the amp to the fronts and run the rears off the HU (nice choice, btw). if you run each speaker off its own channel, it won't be loud enough. way better than stock, but it won't hit close to its full potential. the only problem i could see is the inevitable increase in distortion when bridging, this is a tradeoff you'll have to decide on when you do the install.

if you can manage it (by returning the amp or somesuch), a stronger amp would be helpful.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • spackelman
    edited March 2005
    neo-

thanks for the input, however to me bridging means building a bridge across a river. That I can do.

Bridging an amp means what???

I can revise my order. Any suggestions.

Again thanks for the help.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Neo's right. You need a stronger amp.

Here are a few in that price range:

JBL
    Pioneer
    Phoenix Gold
    Hifonics
    Sony

Personally, I would take the Phoenix Gold out of all those
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    bridging is hooking a pair of channels together to make 1 channel. more power and vastly increased distortion result.

this amp is only a little more money (HUGE savings here!!!) and will serve up plenty of power to your front speakers. i'm partial to front speakers only, so i've left your rear speakers running off the HU here. they won't be very loud, but they will provide a bit of rear fill and will allow rear passengers to hear the music easier.

should you desire to amp the rears (and you'll find most people would argue against this), you'll be spending at least 2 times as much money, if not 3 or 4 or more.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • spackelman
    edited March 2005
    Gentlemen, and I mean that sincerely,

Upgraded to the Pheonix Gold amp and the Polk MMC 650's for the rear doors.

The finished install will provide results.

I will update.

This audio stuff is insane - 1 heart beat = $1000.00 and thats on the low end.

God Bless You Guys - Thanks Again