mix & match LSi w/RTi

Options
xfontanax
xfontanax Posts: 82
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I have RT2000i, CS400i, RT35i for rear. If the RT2000i are replaced with the new LSi while others stay the same, do you think the sound will blend properly with new tweats. Even w/DVDA? What do you think?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Don't see an issue here :)

Carry on.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2002
    Options
    the vifa tweeter will be totaly different and you will loose your timber match through the front... this may be noticable.... how much noticable.. nobody can tell till ya do it...
    just food for thought
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Well I have both, and I personally like the sound all my speakers produce together. I cannot hear any difference between them. BUT I am very new to the whole HT scene so you may want to take what I say with a grain of salt.

I would suggest playing them together at your local audio store a decide for yourself. (If possible):)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Well, the reason I wouldn't see an issue is because the front channels (in most cases) wouldn't be reproducing the same audio as the center. I think you will get better music (in movies too), special effects and other sounds. Your dialog will stay the same, because in most dolby digital content most dialog comes from the center.

I could be blowing smoke, but I think I'm right ;)

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • ncstatesman
    ncstatesman Posts: 145
    edited March 2002
    Options
    well, what if in addition to getting the LSi for fronts you also get and LSi center as well - these carry the vast majority of of movie and multi-channel music material, right? I would think this would work well?

A couple of years from now I may choose this upgrade path myself to take full advantage of DVD-A or SACD multi-channel music