Polk GNX104 any good?

Options
kikiking
kikiking Posts: 3
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
I am thinking about buying a pair of Polk GNX104. I have never used Polk before and wanted to see what you guys think. I will be setting them up parallel and connecting them to a Profile Clarus CL800 200W x 2 Amp. Will this sound good? Also I listen to metal and some rap and was wondering is these speakers will hit hard considering their low power range 50 - 175 watts.

Post edited by kikiking on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    you would probably get a response posting in the car audio forum...
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I have one of these in my WRX wagon right now. I have it in a sealed 1ft3 box and it rawks! I love it. Nice tight bass, very clean. I can drive it pretty farkin' hard with my Zapco AG200 amp (Symlink'd of course). I recommend them.

They have a vented box design that is supposed to just sound awesome, but I haven't built it.

You can check out my car in the Customer Installs section. It's the Subaru WRX Wagon

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • fig_2g1
    fig_2g1 Posts: 5
    edited March 2002
    Options
    polk audio gnx 104 subs are pretty good for the money that you pay for them. yes they will sound good. but my personal experience was good with some. then i grew up and switched back to rockford fosgate subs. they hit harder and better. they even look better.:D
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Options
    But are they as musically accurate? I am concerned about the response in my car and how it recreates the sound, not just bass ;) hehehe

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • fig_2g1
    fig_2g1 Posts: 5
    edited March 2002
    Options
    they are "musically accurate" in fact they are in my opinion the best subs out there (rockford fosgate that is). :D
    but dont get me wrong, polk audio subs are pretty darn nice to. they sound real good in a ported ar sealed box. just so long as you get the right cubic ft.:rolleyes: