Sony PSP

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited April 2005 in Video Games
Anyone buying one of these badboys on Thursday? I'm interested to see if the graphics are PS2 quality....if so it's simply amazing. Sony releases another Nintendo killer....
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2005
    Time will tell if it kills off Gameboy.

I sure as hell am not buying one though. Too much money. Nor do I have much time not at home to kill with nothing better to do than play video games and prove to the people around me that yes, I really am that immature.

It does look awesome though. :D
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2005
    I just bought mine and hot damn is it effin AWESOME!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't think I could be happier. Don't listen to all the naysayers...this thing IS AWESOME....and is a revolution in handheld gaming.

I've been playing Tiger Woods via WI-FI (Yes...it comes with Wireless gaming) with one of my co-workers all day. Oh man....what an awesome system...Oh...AND it came with Spiderman 2 and it's amazing as well.

This system is phenomenal and it D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-S the DS.

GAMEPLAY & GRAPHICS! THAT IS WHAT GAMERS WANT!
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2005
    Another typical sold out situations (which is suspiciously predictable) in almost every hype release of new gadgets. My typical BB, CC locally are all out. Ebay opportunistic **** selling them for $50 over. Well, I supposed waiting for the next batch shipment is ok. I am actually looking one for my son. It is just tick me when suppliers playing the game, and somehow merchandise showing up on Ebay at a premium.

*rant off*
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2005
    We have stacks of these at my CC. On opening day, we only sold 2 or 3.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by polkatese
    Another typical sold out situations (which is suspiciously predictable) in almost every hype release of new gadgets. My typical BB, CC locally are all out. Ebay opportunistic **** selling them for $50 over. Well, I supposed waiting for the next batch shipment is ok. I am actually looking one for my son. It is just tick me when suppliers playing the game, and somehow merchandise showing up on Ebay at a premium.

*rant off*

Check out Wal-Mart and stores like that. They have a bunch (at least mine all did).

Don't get suckered into paying more that sucks. :(
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    We have stacks of these at my CC. On opening day, we only sold 2 or 3.

You're in Kansas....:p
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2005
    I thought the base package is something like $249. BB advertise it at that price, Walmart has it at $399 (bundle package, nothing cheaper, online). What gives?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2005
    One of my patients had a PSP with them yesterday. I got to take a quick look at it. :) The graphics are great, its fairly light for its size and plenty sturdy. The sturdiness was my main concern, but it looks to be pretty good.

Now I need a reason to get one.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by polkatese
    I thought the base package is something like $249. BB advertise it at that price, Walmart has it at $399 (bundle package, nothing cheaper, online). What gives?

I bought the base package at Walmart for 250.
  • bembol
    bembol Posts: 18
    edited April 2005
    I bought it and got a "dead pixel" a few days later...

Sony admits this is a problem so I didn't bother exchanging it, after 30 days with Best Buy I have to ship it to Sony for a refurbished PSP. No thanks...

I have other toys that I can play with...my HDTV/HomeTheater and my RSX.

btw, there were two others in the line with me with the same problem...