I'm A Polk Owner And Damn Proud Of It!

CHRIS
CHRIS Posts: 454
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Out of all the speakers I've owned or own I love my Polks. They have a cetian quality to the sound NO other speaker can touch. I have owned Polks for over 12 years and a member here for 3½+ years.

How about you?
Chris :)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    i am just a youngster in the world of polk compared to you. of course if i had been into polk for 12 years, that would have meant i bought my first pair when i was 12...:D bought my first polk (cs400i) 2 christmas' ago. haven't looked back since, i now am the proud owner of 9 polk speakers...:D oh, actaully 11 if you count the 2 hanging on the side of my computer monitor...:rolleyes:
  • dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    "They have a certian quality to the sound NO other speaker can touch."

O.K.
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    1995, (replaced an unmentionable system) bought the rt10's. been a polkie since. year and a half later bought the cs350ls and rt f/x surrounds. this year upgraded the mains to 800i's.
    very happy polkster
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited March 2002
    Yup..Yup
    Here a polk, there a polk
    everywhere a polk polk.
    Have an even 14 polk speakers.
    Love 'em.
    -luc
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2002
    You guys are great. This is a great thread.

I never knew there was a difference in speakers. I was never even aware of it even tho I was a music-listener for years and years.

Then I came here. One of the first things I remember is an A-B-C-D demo of all the then-available HTiBs (Bose, Yamaha, JVC, etc) played side by side and then BLOWN AWAY by the RMDS-1! There really was a difference! And then I finally got rid of my old high school Sansui "rack system" and brought home a pair of RT35i's. Suddenly, I was in music heaven. They made my big old speakers sound like they were underwater!

And then I brought home a pair of LSi9's, and I really could hear a difference!

It's amazing when you know what to listen for!

I really believe in Polk Audio: I believe in the quality of the build, I believe in the dedication of the people behind the product, and I believe in the customer (you!). Working here is a great thing! I don't give those compliments away freely -- this company really is an extraordinary group of people doing cool things. (And when I take over -- it'll be even better! Oh, uh, sorry... Did that slip out? Heh, heh. Err, um...)

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Originally posted by Micah
    [B

And then I brought home a pair of LSi9's, and I really could hear a difference!

MC [/B]

you should have quit and run with those babies...:D
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited March 2002
    Got two Polk systems in the house and enjoy them both. Family room: RT7's in the front, CS400i, RT25i's in the back and a PSW350. Down in the recroom the kids have RT35i's in the front, CS245i and R10's in the back, no sub yet. Like the rest of you I think Polk makes the best sounding speaker for the $$. Have had quite a few people over and most of them remark on the pure, natural sound.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    I'm kind of in Micah's boat (man, I should rephrase that) in that I have always enjoyed music but until the last couple years haven't been much in the position to get into decent equipment.

Having said that, I really dig my Polks. In it's category I find them to be beyond reproach. However, I really have to stop short of saying that Polk is THE only brand that I enjoy because that just isn't true, I also love my DQ-10's and my Pioneers. Eventually I intend to add some planars to the mix as well.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • pensacola
    pensacola Posts: 269
    edited March 2002
    Been Polkin' around for 15-16 years.

SDA-2A
    1-Tweeter
    2-Mid-Bass
    1-Passive Radiator

Give War A Chance
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    I bought my 10Bs in '89. I love 'em. They've been in 3 countries and 3 states.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited March 2002
    It started with a 245I center, followed by a pair of 800I's, followed by a 350 sub, followed by the 245 being replaced with a 400, and ended(for now at least) with a pair of 300I surround's. And,, I'm looking REAL hard at using the C.C. trade in and upgrading to the 450 sub soon. I can't say enough good thing's about Polk speaker's! Every time I fire them up, either for music or H/T, I'm amazed, and so are the other people who hear them. Hey Micah or Justin,,,,How about some referal fee's for folk's we convert?? :D

Ron
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited March 2002
    Still have My Monitor 10's series 2 speakers I bought brand new in March of 1991.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    I started on Polk only in early 2001...got the RM6600 set for my father. I was utterly amazed what that system could do. I'd never heard anything more intense before (still young in the audiophile territories, I am)....many speakers later I'm still loving Polk...you can just feel the dedication they have in their products. Amazing for a company to be so in-tune with their customers, under original managment, care so much about their products being quality, and still make money! It shows that companies CAN do things the right way and still be successful!