Has anyone heard this

Options
rnoseworthy
rnoseworthy Posts: 41
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
The other day I was murdering time in the mall while the wife was shopping. I know some of you are going to give me grief for this, but I went in to the Bose store (only other audio place in the mall is B&O, and I have been there before). The kind young gentleman showed me the latest and greatest all in one package for HT, the Lifestyles 35. I asked if Bose was going to make a 7.1 system? He told me that alot of people don't know this but 7.1 requires a 50X50 room, otherwise the sound would be just overwelming. I just check the Dolby website and didn't see anything like that. Has anyone else heard this?
Post edited by rnoseworthy on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    Options
    You need to start looking for your leg because that salesman just ran off with.:p
  • rnoseworthy
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Well I had my boots on.
  • dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    Options
    the kind of info one could only find from Bose

in a league all their own

Yeesh
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • cruiser3
    cruiser3 Posts: 47
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I just heard from an extremely reliable source that Bose reeeaally isn't a speaker system.............
    Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited March 2002
    Options
    rnoseworthy: What mall is this? My mall, Montgomery Mall has a Bose and B&O stores, so I was thinking it was the same mall?

BTW, Bose salespeople are worse than CC salespeople. They try to pretend they know something about audio.:D
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    Options
    eeeshh, 50x50? Who's going to set up there HT in that? Maybe he had like a food court burrito in his mouth and was trying to say 15x15 :D
  • rnoseworthy
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Its the Stonebriar mall north of Dallas in a town called Frisco. I think he is used to some high dollar customers who just want to unload some money and believe anything from Bose. I did not notice any food court items.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2002
    Options
    LOL Johnny

I could have sworn it would have been an Orange Julius! Having that brain ffrreeeezzee.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    Options
    ...The measurements are in the Bose® Free Field® Foot®.

The Bose® Free Field® Foot® is based on Free Field® measurements taken from the average room using the Bose® Residential Modeler®. Bose® also utilizes a professional Auditioner® withTriPort™ headset technology® on AudioPilot™ sitting in TrueSpace™ to verify the measured findings.

In short, Bose® defines the Bose® Free Field® Foot® as that Personal® space where Virtual Imaging™ takes place. Bose® has known for some time that Virtual Imaging™ is Virtually Invisible® -- mostly from the Audiometric® data produced by Bose® Sound System® software, and because of the inherent, Dual Frequency™ nature of music.

If you have a Companion® (RoomMate®) your Free Space® is cut in half, and since you are also Compound Loaded™ -- your Bose Free Field® Foot® is also cut in half. This is unfortunate, as Clear Comfort™ is clearly infringed upon. However, Bose® can provide you with a SoundAdvisor® in these situations.

The true advantage of the Bose® Free Field® Foot® is that Bose® can now produce BUILT-INvisible® designs which produce the Virtually Invisible®, Virtual Imaging™ soundfield in virtual space! Also, Digital Dynamic Range® is captured and resent in a Direct/Reflecting®, Professional Wave™-- projected into Stereo Space®.

To further enhance your enjoyment of Bose® systems playing in the confines of the Bose® Free Field® Foot® -- we offer the optional Bose® Soundvest® in the event you are introduced to another products Stereo Everywhere® effect. The Soundvest® effectively absorbs all attempts at Stereo Targeting® by another manufacturer. The Bose® Soundvest® accomplishes this utilizing Silence™ by Bose® technology.

Because of our comittment to Better Products Through research®, Better Sound Through Research® (because everything is Better Through Research®), we are able to provide Home Theater Made Easy® (also Home Cinema Made Easy®) -- and our ability to be In Harmony with Education® prevents you from being called a Twiddler™. We are comitted to the Transportation for Your Soul™.

http://www.bose.com/legal/
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    Options
  • lax01
    edited March 2002
    Options
    ROTFLMFAO!!!:D
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    nice dean... LMAO:D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited March 2002
    Options
    If I could afford to have a 50x50 room dedicated to home theater, then I'm sure I could afford something better than Bose to stick in that room.

Idiots!!!

John
    No excuses!
  • lax01
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Sorry John but who are you calling idiots?

Hopefully people that think Bose resembles a worthwhile product? If that is the case, then I totally agree with you.

:D
  • presidan
    presidan Posts: 116
    edited March 2002
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!

No wonder Bose employees are all single. They simply want that clear confort TM thing and not cut their Free Field® Foot® in half because of their Companion® (RoomMate®) ......... And i thought that it was because chicks didnt dig bose.. oh well.............

Do they take us for ufcking idiots !?!!?
    RT2000i
    F/X1000
    CS400i
    DENON AVR-3802
    PIONEER PDP 4360-HD 43"
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    Options
    dean its joe i went to ultimate eleictronics to listen to the kilpsch rf-7 they had it set up in the large theater i heard it in stereo the receiver was a pioneer vsx-49tx the digital source was pioneer dv-47a all monster cables & interconnets. the software was sacd cd with differant assorted songs i sat there listen for an hr with no one around, i know the sales man for 3 yrs. he is a high end autio enthusiast, he knows how to set up systems he set this one up. all i can say is it sounds so good that it blew my mind away, the pioneer receiver is the best you can get on this planet, the pioneer multi-player is awesome to. the klipsch do not sound like there in a tunnel they sound great, great, great. got to go back and listen again in multi-channel, with the rest of the klipsck speakers, they had the big 15" new sub there to didnt hear it though.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    Options
    on bose; people going to wise up about bose and bose name is going to go down hill soon, they brougt it on there selfs for selling inferier speakers for a lot of money, a lot of money$$$$$,just on there name alone. what a shame all those people wend they learn the truth about bose, they are going to be mad. real mad.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.