C.300.2 + mm2124DVC problems

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
When ever my sub hits hard i have the Low Ohms/short light come on and when it hits harder the amp will shut off for a sec only to come back on again.....please note the electrical work has been checked and there are no shorts in the system!!! Happens when amp is bridged and non-bridged

Assistance needed !!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    1st thing I think of is youre running it at too low an impedance. Its only capable of handling a 4 ohm mono load so if youre running 2 subs bridged or a single DVC bridged youre pushing it too hard.

2nd thing is it could be overheating but I doubt it as it wouldnt come back on after only a few seconds.

3rd thing could be a faulty ground. I know you said you checked for shorts, but you should make sure youve got a proper ground that uses the same guage wire as the power wire and is secured.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    hum... as far as my relatively limited electrical knowledge goes, that means you're putting too much current through the amp. that could be because the impedance is too low, or the supply voltage is too high, or... well, you said no shorts. are you sure you're running a standard 12V system, and that your amp can handle the load being presented to it?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs