system woe woes

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
everything is installed sounds great but im getting thi whine i ran direct ground from battery to head unit didnt stop it ground loop isolators dint do it either and my head unit only has front and rear preamp outputs so i split the fronts into my 4channel amp and the rears going into my hifoniks 1500d but the balance is all out of wack ive plugged and un plugged i put the balance to the right and the rights have sound i put it left and just the woofers in th rear fader control dosent seem to be right either ????
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Did you use a wiring harness kit? A lot of times these can be a source of noise. You can use em for speaker wires and such but for constant power and ground you should run a seperate and larger guage wire.

Also, check if your x-overs are mounted anywhere near power wires, or something like power window motors and the like.

Also make sure you run the power wire and the signal wire down seperate sides of the vehicle. If you have to cross paths, do it at right angles.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    it's important to check the amp grounds too, that's usually the cause of alt whine.

it seems that your fader and balance controls are an entirely different problem, probably due to a connection error with the rca's. look at where they go into the HU, and make sure they all go in the right spots. be especially careful to make sure the splitter's right, and also check it at the other end, where the rca's go into the amp.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs