new system woes

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
heres the story i just put together what i thought would be a killer system? first a pair of alum12q audiobahn woofers,hifoniks brutus 1500d, polk momo 6.5 components rear doors, db5250 components in front doors, 6farad pyle link capacitor, pyle plad412 100wattsx4rms,pyle pldvd65t head unit and monitor tv reciever combo, but for some reason i am not getting the sound i want i think it may be the deck no real sound control except for bass & treble & fader i heard a sony deck and was blown away at the sound quality is this my problem the dvd player is nice but will trash it for sound quality HELP!!!!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2005
    just replace everything that has Pyle on it with some decent stuff. ..and your doing good. Nothing wrong with the higfonics amp...just get some real subs. your speakers are fine..they just need a real amp..again thaty pyle name needs to go. Also...ditch the cap- its not helping anything.

anyway...thats my advice.

RE-cap:
    1) ditch the subs
    2) ditch the cap
    3) Dith all the Pyle
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    I agree with Trapped. Pyle is a flea market brand and dont belong in the same sentence as Polk Audio let alone the same system.

Audiobahn kind of sucks too. Their subs are loud but dont sound that good.

Get a real head unit by a quality manufacturer like Alpine, Pioneer or Sony and a good quality amp for the speakers. Youve got a good amp in the Hifonics, maybe get one for the speakers as well. Other choices would eb MTX, Coustic, Crossfire, Rockford Fosgate Any of the major names will be tons better than Pyle.

I also agree to ditch the cap.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2005
    worthless atempt at being funny:
    man that pyle stuff be bangin as of late... i went down n got my pyle head unit metered and I was hitting like 223 dB easily... **** man keep the pyle... and sell the rest. for serious man take that money n buy some pyle subs n a few pyle speakers and a pyle amp and you be bangin fo'sho homie.
    /end

seriously ditch the pyle, get another hifonics amp and pickup an alpine or pioneer HU.
    this will make you enjoy your life alot more!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    if it helps convince you, i say the same stuff as them, only i like caps, so i say you keep it... your choice for that, but note that it can't hurt, it can only help.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    if it helps convince you, i say the same stuff as them, only i like caps, so i say you keep it... your choice for that, but note that it can't hurt, it can only help.
    he doesn't mean capacitors... HE MEANS THIS KIND OF CAPS. So all in all he means get rid of it!

:):) thought i'd help ya out!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...