Options
2»

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Organ,

Sovtek is making 7199's now, you shouldn't buy anything else. I've heard em all, and the Sovtek is 'right there' with the best NOS RCA.

Polka,

We can talk on the NAK Dragon. I take it you have a use for 'THE' cassette deck of all time?

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2005
    Options
    ****! Are you serious? I had a pair of Sovtek 7199 and hated them. This was almost 2 years ago. I gave them away. But during the time I had the Sovteks installed, my coupling caps were going bad (a few were bad already). I'll have to give them another shot. Maybe Sovtek improved the design because a lot of people were complaining about it when it first came out. I'm going to order some Sovteks when I need 7199. Thanks for the heads up.

Maurice
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Russ,
    It was first for sentimental reason, second, I need a replacement for a deck, that is crapping out on me. I went to Agon, and (sigh) the ballpark is way off my spending plan. So, I am bowing out, thanks for entertaining my questions.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Polka, If the Dragon is out of your range, I do have other decks (even Naks) I could put you in 'on the cheap'. Memory lane doesn't have to cost a mortgage payment.

Organ, Sovtek rules current production tubes. I think the biggest issue with people rolling them, is they haven't broken in and stabalized. Give ANY current run Sovtek at least 20 hrs, at full B+ , with everything else in order before passing judgement.

Ei? Are you KIDDING me? Nothing good comes out of Yugoslavia. Not cars, certainly not tubes. EH? Screw that, reliability and microphonics are off the friggin chart. Buy EH, you are buying Sovtek that didn't make the cut. Besides, we bombed the **** out of all the (decent) Euro factories (short of some Mullard and Amperex) back in the second BIG one.

Sovtek is THE premier, current production tube manufacturer. EL34's, 6BQ5's, 12AX7's, 6922's, etc etc. The build quality is FAR superior to anything else on the market, and the tonal qualities are well rounded - and while they may not do ANYTHING absolutely perfect = they do EVERYTHING very well. The 7199's are no exception.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2005
    Options
    My pants are going CRAZY

Oh, and all you effers can just STOP drooling over the CJ, for all intents and purposes that amp will be in one of two places for what you might call the foreseeable future.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Thanks for the offer, Russ. Would you email me:

polkatese1@verizon.net on what you have available (decks)?

we'll take it offline.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Russ, I always knew you were a nut, but seek help! Let's see some shots of your rigs.

Aaron
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited March 2005
    Options
    I thought I had it bad.........Jeeeeez I got wood.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited March 2005
    Options
    One word: wOw.

I don't feel so bad about being a packrat now... ;)