Excellent

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
found out today that circuit city will have the DB Pre-loaded boxes and yea!

we had a long meeting about all the new products.
my manager gave the install crew chief this really nice polk audio pen... i'm jealous.

but yea should be a good year... good disc. on kicker, polk pre-loaded boxes.... some brand named tomtom (uhhh) and DEI is back
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Tom-tom???? :confused: I guess they need something to compete with Verge? :rolleyes:

Thats cool youre getting Kicker. They make some very good stuff. And DEI, although no my favorite cause they kind of stunk up Orion and PPI are still pretty solid equipment.

Glad to hear Circuit City is trying to remain credible with real enthusiasts.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2005
    dei...thats bad ****...they own...everything basically...lol
    i want a polk audio pen...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    Well we are getting rid of ESA and Verge. We are getting jensen... but jensen is 100000000 times better than ESA and Verge.

we lost alpine but it'll be back. best buy has dogged on alpine for years... they don't know wtf they are getting.

i want the polk db box in so i can hear it... and I want the AVIC-N2 in pretty bad as well.

the DEI is conv. and sec. only. none of their other stuff.

and we don't have viper... but who cares? we got polk!!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2005
    You think Jensen is that good or are you being sarcastic? My only experience with Jensen is a 150 watt 2ch amp I bought off of Crutchfield. Been pounding pretty hard for over 2 years now, haven't blown in up yet. I'm driving two 10" Advent subs with it.

However, as a name, Jensen has a reputation for being kinda cheap...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2005
    You should be getting the db components as well. Is that right?
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    Well Jensen isnt that good but compared to ESA and Verge they are.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    Read what I wrote again, Jensen is 1000000x better than ESA or Verge.

We have had every ESA and Verge item returned it seems... and none of the jensen crap gets returned. I'm not saying it's good... it's just better.

Josh, as for the DB Comps I don't know. I hope we get them because I'm getting tired of only having the infinity comps. I'm the only person in our store that pushes the db coaxials we have now.... people always buy them from me and the sound board don't even work. So yea that brings me to my next point. Our soundwall should be fully functional (finally) due to cc telling MTX that we could run our walls at 1 ohm (:confused: ). that made a few of the mgrs and installers scared but oh well.

But in other great news. I just got offered full-time here @ state farm for the summer (2 months) so I'm going to have to work something out with circuit city. I really want to stay because it sounds like we are changing for the better....
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2005
    you told me the other day you hated it and wanted to quit...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    you told me the other day you hated it and wanted to quit...
    -Cody
    I suddenly like it. Maybe the kicker accom. changed my mind... but i don't even like kicker. maybe it's that we got 5 people back there that are pretty close knit and get along great.

maybe it's the fact I can use the shop if I ever need to. bleh I don't know

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    You should like Kicker. They make good gear.

Theyve also got a ton of 1st place wins and championships under their belts in both SPL and SQ.