Done!

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I wanted to show everyone the build up of my front stage. I finally got everything arranged right on the sounddomain page. The rest of the pages are extremely out of order because I'm trying to redo the entire site because its outdated and cluttered.
But here it is:
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/531337/10
Page 8 is where the build up of the box is.
Everything sound great, I really couldn't be more pleased. I can't wait til I get the new truck and some $$ so I can finish everything.
Plans for the new truck:
2 runs of 0 awg
USAmps DE-3000(3000w rms)
USAmps TU-600(tube amp power for the highs)
still trying to find another set of Street Wires 5.0 RCAs in a 16' length...
8" DLS Iridium mid bass
alterstart alternator
a couple of batcaps
about $500 worth of sound deadening
then I'll be done. probably...
the box for the subs will be ported with about 1.75ft^3 each and tuned to 32Hz. Its going to effin loud and sound damn good
let me know what you guys think
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• SamSagaZ
    SamSagaZ Posts: 321
    edited March 2005
    wow dude, this looks great!!!

already heard it?

i would to have too much to buy something like yours :)

ill post my pictures when i finish the instalation in my car....

btw, i just have the 2 mm2124 in my house :( need to buy all the other items

one question... u think that the Diamond sound better than the polk?

i ask you this because i will buy the mmc6500 next week, but im in time to change my opinion....

sorry for my english, ill see and read again all you work... so ill learn some things and use it in my car.

im thinking abt buy all the items from an buy that sell in ebay, "indoaudio" and he have DIAMOND speakers....

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Cody- Man that looks great! Especially for a first time job. Youve definitely got a lot more craftsman skill than I.

I wouldnt worry about the stage too much. If you like it then screw what others think.

The only thing I noticed is x-ing your subs at 32 Hz. This is a little low and I doubt your midbasses wil be able to come down to meet that. It could leave a gap in your bass. I would start at 50 Hz and work down from there.

All in all, a great job partner. You do us Polksters proud! ;)

Sam- The Diamonds sound better than the MM6's but not by much. However they do not sound better than the MMC6500's. The Polks have more detail and a nicer "color" to their sound. Polks all the way bro. Honestly, I am of the opinion that you cant beat Polk until you get to the $500 MB Quart Premiums or $500 Focal K2P's and the new Signatures coming out will probably take care of that.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SamSagaZ
    SamSagaZ Posts: 321
    edited March 2005
    ok dude... thanks... ill still waiting the mmc6500 arrive to my country... one of the stores that sell polk in argentina are telling me from january that the mmc6500 will arrive, but dont happend.. ill wait a few more weeks while i order from USA the amps/capacitor/and car alarm :)

exalted512, i see the whole instalation of your truck... looks great dude!.
  • exalted512
    edited March 2005
    thanks!
    the subs arent crossed over at 32, theyre crossed over at 73 hz. my next box will be ported to 32Hz...
    give me some credit here;)
    id say youre a pretty damn good craftsmen too. i dont know anyone else who can make a box with only 4 pieces of wood:p
    the diamonds sounded better than my mm6s, but didnt have the midbass. i have yet to hear the 6500s though so i cant comment.
    -Cody
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2005
    Why did you mount your tweeters so high? Major seperation gap...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • exalted512
    edited March 2005
    the only time theres seperation of frequencies is when theres no mid range...at all...which has happened twice since ive had em like that. thats mainly b/c i used the stock midbass location. when im done with my next truck im going to lower the tweeters about an inch and a half and play around with the midbass a lot more
    -Cody
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2005
    Personally, the only way I like having a tweeter that high is if it's there for ambience fill (aka to raise the soundstage). I prefer having my tweeters in the kicks with the mids and then (as above) a second set of tweeters mounted up top attenuated 3db.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    I have mine mounted in the mirror sails and have good results but my mids are midway up in the door in the stock location.

I think ideally the tweets in the kicks with the mids and then like Toxis suggested, tweets up high and crossed over kinda high like say around 12K Hz and attenuated would bring the stage up nice and high.

But like I said, if you like it then dont sweat it. Unless youre going to compete nobody would even notice.

Besides, this is just a test bed. When you get the new truck then you can pull out all the stops! ;)
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2005
    I bet it's going to suck dude.

:D
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited March 2005
    tweets in kicks in a truck=a sound stage your around your stomach IMO.
    heard some utopias in kicks in a ford and wasnt pleased at all.
    i tried putting the midrange in the a-pillar but didnt like the way it sounded at all. in fact, i thought it sounded like ****...lol
    the mid ranges are angled up towards the opposite head rest. ive never heard a truck that sounds as good as this one and ive listened to quite a few. could be happier though...could have usamps....
    could be done...
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    cody, you'll never be done. i bet after the USAMPS are in you will find something better like a tomtom headunit
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    Thats why you do it like I mentioned above.

You stick the main tweets in the kicks and then stick some in the a-pillars but not only attenuated quite a bit but crossed very high and thatll pull the stage up where it ought to be but also keep it centered.

The downside is having to buy another set of tweets. :(

• exalted512
    edited March 2005
    but why have 2 tweeters when you have a midrange in the kicks??
    i might go with the new **** midbasses depending on how they sound. half a cube, tuned to 45Hz...should be interesting. i have a friend thats getting a set in his focus and ill have to see how they sound. if you want more midbass, then those are def. the way to go. a guy from RE hit 137dBs with 2 of em...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    The second set of tweeters would be used only for imaging.

Attenuating it would keep it from overpowering the one in the kicks and crossing it over at 12K Hz would do nothing more than bring the stage up to the dash level.

• exalted512
    edited March 2005
    i know what youre saying, but id rather have a midbass, midrange, and tweeter than a midbass and two tweeters...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    I agree witcha bro. But you could always have 4 tweets, 2 mids and 2 midbasses! Boy wouldnt that be a pain in the **** to hook up? ;)

• exalted512
    edited March 2005
    yea, i was thinking about running everything active, but id need a 4 channel and another 2 channel...and i dont want/cant afford that many amps...lol
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    Personally I like the "keep it simple stupid" plan. One set of tweeters, one set of mids and one sub and thats about as much as I like to go. Any more than that just confuses things.....and me! ;)

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    this from a man that understands cosmology AND can build a cube with four pieces of wood?!
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    this from a man that understands cosmology AND can build a cube with four pieces of wood?!
    Anybody can build a cube with 4 pieces of wood. What sets Mac apart, is he can build a cube with only 4 sides!
    -Austin
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by KingAustinKP
    Anybody can build a cube with 4 pieces of wood. What sets Mac apart, is he can build a cube with only 4 sides!
    -Austin
    i wish i had a system like cody's and a wife like macleod that could make magical things like this happen!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...