edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just installed a new sound system in my car. It consists of:
Clarion 935VD head unit
Polk 400.4 Amp
Polk DB6750 Component Setup
Polk DB570 Coaxials
2 Polk DB104
Polk 500 Amp

here's the Problem. I setup the 400 amp with the components and the coax just like the manual said to. I put the compnents to the front channel on the amp and the Coax's to the rear channel. The manual says to have the front settings at the following:
24db slope, just about 50hz on freq, HP filter. With those settings, the woofers inthe components don't get any lows. So if you put the filter to off, it sounds great. But I get nothing out of the tweeters (neither left nor right) no matter what I do. I've checked the wires, even swapped the wires (tweeters to crossover) and still nothing. Any ideas? I've adjust the frequency but that does nothing. I've tried pushing the Pre-EQ bypass on and off and still no tweeters. Thanks!
Go Gators!
Jimmy
Post edited by Anuszewski on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2005
    The high pass filter blocks out the lower frequencies so that the mids can be pushed harder without destroying them. If you have a sub in the system, you don't need your smaller speakers trying to reproduce sub bass frequencies. If you run your subs low-passed at around 50-60 Hz, you can high-pass your fronts and rear around 50 Hz.

It sounds like you went to far with the crossover and turned it to low-pass. Make sure it's in the middle position for full range.
  • Anuszewski
    Anuszewski Posts: 3
    edited March 2005
    Josh,
    Thanks for your help. I figured it out. Turns out that the window glass tugged a wire loose on both sides! Anyway, I've routed the wires a little different and everything seems great! Boy do these speakers sound awesome! Anyway, thanks again!
    Go Gators!
    Jimmy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2005
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Happens to the best of us bro.

If I had a dime for everytime I thought some speaker was messed up only to find out I hadnt hooked something up....:rolleyes:
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D