Infinity Systems Interlude Series

Options
Ceruleance
Ceruleance Posts: 991
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Does anyone have an experienced opinion on Infinity Systems Interlude series? Specifically the IL50 tower and IL120 subwoofer. I own the IL36C center channel and Im happy with it, the mid driver really brings out some frequencies 2-way's neglect. Let me know what you think
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    the interludes were one of the systems i looked at when upgrading my HT. obviously, Polk won out, and it was the center that made my decision. IMO, the cs400i out-performed anything that Infinity had to offer in the respective price range(just my preference). the IL50 towers sounded very good on both HT and music applications. i think if you are happy with your center, you are going to enjoy the IL50 towers (they performed on a higher level than the interlude center IMO). never really listened carefully to any infinity subs. this isn't a terribly experienced of an opinion, just spent a couple of hours comparing between the infinitys and polks, among others when upgrading. hope this helps you out some...

BTW, do you have any polk speakers up and running?
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited March 2002
    Options
    of course I have polk's! RT55i's, which I love, but im not sure if I want to build the system on the infinity or the polks(Infinity I can get at a discount, thats why I purchased the IL36C in the first place). It seems like the infinity has clearer midrange because of the 3-way design, but the rt55's definitely have more bass, the cabinets are about the same and both have 6.5" woofers. I've heard polk's describe as warmer, I'd pretty much agree with that. Thanks for the insight
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I love my IL120 sub. It rocks the house. I sold my psw650 to make room for it. If you have the patience to calibrate the RABOS, it is a great sub for the price. Deep, powerfull bass, and it's fairly fast for a 12" too.

Shep