Polk 800i v Klipsch RF3-II

zandern
zandern Posts: 3
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I am debating whether to buy the polk 800i or the Klipsch RF3-II. I went to the klipsch forum to see what they said but I want to be fair and see what what people here say. Any comments will help. Ups and downs of the 800i's and why people think I should get them and not the Klipsch.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Polks and Klipsch have different sounds to them. I believe them to be in the same market and of comparable value. Some people say Klipsch have a too bright (some even say painful) sound in the upper freqs. Some people will say that the mids of Polks are subdued (some even say muddy).

Personally, I love horn midranges and the highs of the older Polk SL2000 tweeters. Where's that damn tape measure?
    Make it Funky! :)
  • dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    Dynamic, forward, with brutal clarity - a wide open in your face kind of sound.

vs

Smooth, warm, and a little laid back - a nice tight, buttoned up kind of sound.

You just have to listen and DO NOT base your purchase on the opinions of others.

To make it easy on yourself. Just buy both :)
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited March 2002
    They've hit the nail...

Take your favorite cd's, 8 tracks, whatever.
    Bring a chair, lunch, six-pack, mechanical bull, whatever simulates your listening situation.
    But definitely go spend some time listening,
    back and forth,
    comparing them side by side.
    I found the polks sound easier to listen to for extended periods of time. Mellower.

-luc
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    obviously, i am going to say, 'buy the 800's', cause that's the speaker i went with (and i demoed the klipsch's as well), but don't take my word for it, it's your $, you should be the one that's happy with what you bring home and are listening to...

so, why are you still reading this, go listen...:D

let us know what you prefer...