RM6600 sats placement

Options
Billm57
Billm57 Posts: 689
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
Im permantly mounting my RM6600 sattellites now that Ive auditioned them for a few weeks and have decided to keep them..Ive read the Polk faq but I didnt see anything that would answer this....
Do the front sats have to be at the same level (height)as the rear sats? The rears are about a foot above the couch on the wall....Could I place the front sats in my entertainment center directly across from the rears at the same height or can I place them above the entertainment center pointing slightly downward..this would place the fronts about 6 feet off the floor while the rears would be about 4-5 feet off the floor
Post edited by Billm57 on

Comments

• cruiser3
    cruiser3 Posts: 47
    edited March 2002
    Options
    FYI.....Ive had the 6600's since Jan 02. After alot of reading and 'playing' with them I found that the Surrounds (rear speakers) set at about 6 1/2 feet off the floor, on the wall, and facing each other and slightly behind your listening position to be about the best spot. The Front small speakers I have about 48 inches off the floor and on speaker stands. The Main speaker is just under the TV. System works well . Hope this helps.
    Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited March 2002
    Options
    thanks for info--I can t mount the rears facing each other so they are about two feet off the back of the couch facing out towrd the tv..the center is behind the tv..ill have to play with the fronts though fronts though-right now they are on top of the ent .center which is about 5 feet high which may be a little to high-I may just put them on a shelf in the ent. center to bring them down a little lower