Need some help on surround choices

Stocks_sd
Stocks_sd Posts: 28
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Hey everybody.

First time posting in the forums and I'm hoping to get some opinions on what surround speakers I should buy. Here's what I have so far.

Harman/Kardon avr310
rt800i's (front)
cs245i (center) upgrading to cs400i
rt25i's (surround)
Panasonic RP56

Here's the problem. I went in to Circuit City to upgrade my 25i's to fx500i's and they were sold out along with the two other stores in my area. They can't order them anymore so I'm going through my other options. Rt35i's, rt55i's, or fx300i's. I'm leaning towards the fx300i's but I'm not sure if I'll be happy with them. If I do go with the 300i's I was thinking about keeping my 25i's for a 7.1 system later on. Any thoughts?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    i would use the 25i for the rear channel speakers, they deserve a listen frist before you buy someting else. i like the rt-35i for surounds if you can find them. wecome to the polk forum
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited March 2002
    Your set up is very similar to mine!

HK AVR310
    cs400i- center
    rt800i- main
    rt35i- rear

everything is working out nicely!.......however, you may want to pick up a sub later on in time....it adds the extra deep lows for your music listening and for the special effects while watching DVD'S.

dc.:D
  • Stocks_sd
    Stocks_sd Posts: 28
    edited March 2002
    I have psw450 for my sub. Forgot to put that on my list.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    rt35i's for side surrounds with rt25i's as center surrounds work great(i would like f/x500's, but can't get them). i just have mine at 5.1, but 7.1 is coming soon... i think the rt35i's or rt55i's are a better choice cause they mate with the tweeter's that you have in your current system(even though the dipoles are suggested as side surrounds). any way you can bring them all home and listen to each in your space???
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited March 2002
    I bought the 35I's Tuesday and tried them as rear surrounds mounted on the rear wall. After a lot of testing Tuesday night, I took them back Wednesday and got the 300I's. I'm not a tech person, but for me at least, the 300I's provided a more expansive surround enviroment while listening to DD/DTS material. The 35I is a nice speaker, and used as a side surround it may be fantastic. It just did'nt work for me mounted on the rear wall. I also have the 800's, 350 sub, and by all means, get the 400 center. That in itself will make a world of difference in your system. Good luck!

Ron