Ever go back and read your first posts??

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I was curious and went back and viewed some of my first posts...that was a mistake!

I can't believe some of the questions I asked and how uninformed I was...seems like a lifetime ago - sad thing it was only around this time last year:o

I've learned quite a bit in one short year, still can't believe some of the questions I asked though...
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited February 2005
    Dont remind me
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited February 2005
    yeah, stings a little bit doesn't it:D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2005
    Hmm.....I'm just going to refrain from doing that....
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited February 2005
    As most of us believe at any given time that we have the "world by the balls" you realize that it jumps up and " busts yours" just to prove you wrong.

I watch my sons make the same mistakes I did 20 years ago, and smile with the wisdom that I don't have to ever go there again. I may not move as quick as I did in my earlier days either, but most of the time I wasn't going anywhere in the first place.

What you now know about audio you found out by asking, and I respect anyone that asks to grow their knowledge of a subject way more than someone that argues from a point on know-it-all mountain.

DG
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2005
    That`s whats cool about this forum...

you can get your learn on, and some good people are willing to help.

even if ya do ask the same stupid question more than once:rolleyes:
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Nemesis
    Nemesis Posts: 70
    edited February 2005
    I certainly learned a lot in my couple weeks of being here.

Of course I'm still making my "first posts"...:o
    "Nothing in this world is accomplished without passion."
    -me
    "Your buying what with your money? The money you should be saving"
    -mom, on first learning of my purchase of a Harman Kardon AVR 235
    "Jeter is playing golf right now. This is better."
    -Manny Rameriz's poster for the World Champion Red Sox victory parade
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited February 2005
    I have, received a lot of good advise, & just wished I would have done some of it!!!!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2005
    Hi all you subwoofer nuts!

I hooked up my sub per the "Polk" way. I am wondering if you all have experienced an "amazing" difference or just a "small" difference with this method?

STR-DA2ES front pre-outs, y cable, mono subwoofer cable, y cable, filtered line input on PSW202. Front(Large), Sub(Off). My setup says that my cutoff for my fronts is STD, I believe that default is 120hz. Is that affecting my pre-out? Or is it unaffected due to it BEING a pre-out?

I have to say I notice, or think I notice a small tightening of the bass. Is this what I should expect? I also installed some crazy 2.150" spikes from www.oregondv.com on the sub. I almost impaled myself on them when my cat ran under my feet. :mad:

Let me know your impressions on the change. ;)

"Subwoofer Nuts" hmmm, wtf was I thinking.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    I went back and took a looksee at the car audio forum when it first started. For about the first couple pages all the threads are a question by somebody then an answer by Kim and thats it.

The beginning.

Its come a long way.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited February 2005
    My first post...

waaaaaaaaaaa

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    Polkologist

Thumbs up 15 year or ols sub from m&k

I got a 15 year or old sub, from m&k and no matter the age, this is a high quality build, with dual 12 inch drivers, this thing can shake a whole house, its awesome, perfect in everyway...although i have never heard their speakers, like mains and surrounds, but they have good stats and a really cool look, but i have not heard them
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2005
    My thoughts at the time were sick and twisted. 1991 time frame.
    Originally posted by madmax
    Happy new years everyone!!!

OK, So Im a looser. I'm sitting here on new years eve contemplating the advantage of tube sound over transisitors. I'm not much into tubes because the wimpy 30 watts for $1000 just doesn't cut it with SDA's. I have always wondered about tubes but with SDA's and little cash I never really got into it. madmax

Doesn't cut it with SDA's????? What the hell was I smoking. :confused:

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2005
    I think most of mine are buried in the HOS..... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2005
    Speaking of which, where is the hall of shame?
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Speaking of which, where is the hall of shame?
    HERE ya go......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2005
    Oh, ok. Thanks man. Never thought about looking in the archives. Duh!

I like reading these things. They crack me up!!

:D

• THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    Well this would depend on the edit button and some text might need re adjusting to the different modifications to the sound systems specification or I might be something other.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Hi all you subwoofer nuts!

I hooked up my sub per the "Polk" way. I am wondering if you all have experienced an "amazing" difference or just a "small" difference with this method?

STR-DA2ES front pre-outs, y cable, mono subwoofer cable, y cable, filtered line input on PSW202. Front(Large), Sub(Off). My setup says that my cutoff for my fronts is STD, I believe that default is 120hz. Is that affecting my pre-out? Or is it unaffected due to it BEING a pre-out?

I have to say I notice, or think I notice a small tightening of the bass. Is this what I should expect? I also installed some crazy 2.150" spikes from www.oregondv.com on the sub. I almost impaled myself on them when my cat ran under my feet. :mad:

Let me know your impressions on the change. ;)

"Subwoofer Nuts" hmmm, wtf was I thinking.

Subwoofer nuts :D
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2007
    07-25-2001, 07:41 PM #1
    scottvamp
    Polkologist

Hello to all the Polksters,
    I just recently turned my garage into a dedicated home theater room. This is my main hobby, where I spend 20% of my income on upgrading and software. No wife, no kids!!, but supportive girlfriend. My equipment includes the following:

52" RCA TV (rear projection)
    RT1000 (fronts)
    CS400
    FX500 (bipole)
    CS245 (rear center)
    PSW1200 (front sub)
    Boston Acoustic (rear sub)
    Monster powercenter
    RCA digital satellite
    Onkyo 787
    Onkyo CD player
    Onkyo DVD
    JVC S-VCR
    Playstation 2

I want to upgrade my TV, because my sound system has out grown it. Though, they seem to be taboo, I am very excited about all the front projection systems out today. Home Theater Magazine very rarely reviews them and I wonder why HT people are spending $5-10,000 on huge 300 lb rear projection TVs (i.e. 65"widescreens +)? New front projection systems run the same price or cheaper, and I think they are the wave of the future, for the HT enthusiasts. These projectors range in weight from 2 1/2 to 15 lbs and project images in digital quality on up to 300" screens. They also have several different mounting applications (i.e ceiling, floor, etc). Try getting a huge 300 lb TV repaired in a small town. Different viewing aspects are available at a click of a switch, 10x digital zoom and freeze, and also computer monitor ports. I get several HT interior magazines that promote front projection systems in all of their showcases. I am debating on an 80" and a 100" screen for my theater. Just for starters, can you imagine playing PS2 on a screen this size? For instance, Yamaha is putting out a new DLP model, that is not even for sale yet and some web sites are now accepting preorders. I am already bribing Santa for a loan this Christmas! This also gives me an excuse to put my annoying bright AV components to the back of the theater.
    Has anyone recently bought a front projection system? If so, are you as excited about it as I am about getting one? Any enthusiastic responses or input would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Home Theater Freak

That was interesting. Good thread. Just started discussions on component/progressive scan technology also. And going to 6.1. I was very excited about the FP market. Dam, i was right again. Things have come a long way. Now FP's are on the cover of every HT related magazines on the market. And i never looked back.