Thieves will still anything

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
*edit* Thieves will STEAL anything...lol

Saw this on another forum.
I mean honestly, who steals a swimming pool?
Thieves dig up in-ground swimming pool

Associated Press
Feb. 22, 2005 07:30 AM

OSLO, Norway - A Norwegian family's swimming pool wasn't just bolted down, it was in the ground. But that wasn't impediment to a band of determined thieves.

When the Nicolaysen family visited their mountain cabin over the weekend, they discovered a big hole in the yard in place of the swimming pool that had been installed 20 years ago.

"This can't be, we thought," Arild Nicolaysen told state radio network NRK on Monday. "We didn't think it was possible. No one can steal a swimming pool."

Evidently, someone did.

At some point since early November, when the family closed up the cabin for the winter, their 16-foot-diameter pool and all its equipment was uprooted and stolen.

"It must have been a terrible job to disassemble such a big pool. There is a steel lining all the way around, plus there is a plastic liner and then there was a skimming system, a filter system and a lot of big hoses, and pipes," said Brit Nicolaysen, who owns the cabin with her husband.

-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited February 2005
    Wow! I can see the repo men doing that but thieves? They must have been very desperate for a pool.

Maurice
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2005
    I wonder if that brain trust stole all the water too?
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2005
    wow, at least theives are getting impressive. hahaha I still say shoot 'em all in the belly with a flare gun.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    I wonder if that brain trust stole all the water too?

ROFL....that'd be hilarious......still it with the water in it!!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited February 2005
    Another interesting trend is stealing ATM machines, get a front-end loader and just take the whole thing, funny stuff...
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2005
    a few years ago, there was a guy who took a truck and went full speed backwards into a Quik Trip here in KC. Then he jumped out, had a buddy help throw the ATM in the back of the truck and was gone in under 30 seconds. By time everyone got up to see what happened (and after the dust cleared), the truck was gone... free and clear.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited February 2005
    I'm personally waiting on someone to steal the key to the main Bose headquarters...and change all the locks :p

That is crazy though...who woulda thought someone would steal a pool....

Maybe next time they will put a layer of concrete on the bottom as well...lol

"Found 5 miles down the road...10 guys with an underground pool!"
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by Toxis
    a few years ago, there was a guy who took a truck and went full speed backwards into a Quik Trip here in KC. Then he jumped out, had a buddy help throw the ATM in the back of the truck and was gone in under 30 seconds. By time everyone got up to see what happened (and after the dust cleared), the truck was gone... free and clear.

If that's the same incident I recall (old KC native here), the thief's license plate from the rear bumper was found in the cleanup. Seems he got a knock on the door while he was counting out his stolen cash. Bad boys, bad boys whatcha' gonna do...............
  • THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    Steal anything that’s right and Bournemouth can be one dodgy place. But a good ole bit of ole fashioned smack in the gob mate what’s you’re game hay, as those buggers climb though the window and then just pull those buggers in and BUGGER THEM UP!:mad: :D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    Dude why do you keep responding to posts from 2005? Finished sullying up current threads, have to go and destroy old ones too?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    I found it interesting and besides I wasn’t around here in 2005 and 2005 was a good year as well so there it is. Chill mate chill out mate.:D:cool:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    Well I see youre STEAL getting your moneys worth from that Aggie education.

:D:p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Well I see youre STEAL getting your moneys worth from that Aggie education.

:D:p

rofl hahaha