World of Warcraft

Options
Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited January 2006 in Video Games
So, how many of you are playing this game? Seeing as how it's a MMORPG I was hoping some of you had the game and we could start playing in groups. I just got it and I'm really trying to learn the ropes. Anyone who knows what's up and has some time to teach a noobie....I would appreciate it.
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2005
    Options
    MMORPGs are electronic crack. I am staying away as long as I can resist.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2005
    Options
    This is the first time I've decided to play one. I used to play WC3 a lot, but I was always able to tear myself away from the computer if I had something else to do.

I read an article about some young man up here dying playing Everquest. There were pizza boxes everywhere. Apparently he killed himself because his Everquest girlfriend dumped him and he had his name stolen...something crazy like that. I guess that's why they called that game 'Evercrack'. :p
  • 2k2max6spd
    2k2max6spd Posts: 16
    edited March 2005
    Options
    I am a member of World of Warcraft, my username is: silvermax

I am in the realm of perenold. if you have any questions feel free to ask me here, PM me, or email me. i'll help you out. :) BTW, i am a lvl 28. :)
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2005
    Options
    lol...thanks for the offer, but I'm already a lvl 23 Orc Shaman. ;)

Only took a week.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2005
    Options
    What are your overall impressions of the game after a couple weeks of playing now? On a scale of 1-10?
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    What are your overall impressions of the game after a couple weeks of playing now? On a scale of 1-10?

Solid 9
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited March 2005
    Options
    being a veteran MMORPGer i'm pretty disappointed with the direction they've taken nearly all MMORPGs. They make them easier and more accessible by the day - i cant stand the 2nd/3rd generation games =(

Not hating specifically on WoW because everyone seems to like it - but it (along with EQ2) seems far too easy. Nothing to really work for.

/em cries

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • 2k2max6spd
    2k2max6spd Posts: 16
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    lol...thanks for the offer, but I'm already a lvl 23 Orc Shaman. ;)

Only took a week.

Sweet, i am a orc shaman as well. SHAMAN's ROCK! :) everyone needs a shaman in the group... but then again we are the first to die because we are powerful, and can heal. :(

what server are you on?
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    MMORPGs are electronic crack. I am staying away as long as I can resist.

ROFL ... I agree ... muuuust reeeesist the TEMPTATION .

My buddie become a total zombie and recluse ever since he started playing WOW . He's like gone into never never land with no sign of returning to the real world ...
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by stereo55
    ROFL ... I agree ... muuuust reeeesist the TEMPTATION .

My buddie become a total zombie and recluse ever since he started playing WOW . He's like gone into never never land with no sign of returning to the real world ...

Yeah...I took Friday off of work before I got it so I played it 3 days straight. I only took time to sleep, eat (which was very rarely), and use the bathroom. It was definitly stupid, but I was totally addicted. When work came around on Monday it helped put me back into a normal groove and I only play it when I have a few hours to burn here and there.

It's a great game though, by far.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2005
    Options
    One of my Screen shots I did.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by 2k2max6spd
    Sweet, i am a orc shaman as well. SHAMAN's ROCK! :) everyone needs a shaman in the group... but then again we are the first to die because we are powerful, and can heal. :(

what server are you on?

Stormrage -

LVL - 32 Orc Shaman - Guild - Conclave of Sin

LVL - 10 Undead Mage - Guild - Conclave of Sin

I just started my Mage, obviously...and I love it. Let me know if you're on that server sometime.

• LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Level 12 ounce beer with +1 liquor.

This game is crazy addictive. :D
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet... I loved all the other Warcraft games, but I've never played an MMPORG. I also can't see myself paying a monthly subscription :o
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Level 12 ounce beer with +1 liquor.

This game is crazy addictive. :D

What server did you roll on?
  • caseymou
    caseymou Posts: 327
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Damn game is killing me. Crack is right. I'm on Medivah realm. At least I'm still in the trial phase so I may quit at any time...
  • LiquidSound
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Blackhand, Demi. Guild NightShift. And yours?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2005
    Options
  • Joshtalgia
    Joshtalgia Posts: 11
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Demi you quit playing?

At any rate - I play WoW - I'm on the PvP server Illidan. PvP is a blast as a rogue....just the fact that you're stealthed and you're about to gank someone who has no idea that you're even right behind them.

I love this game.
  • LiquidSound
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Anybody playing on Blackhand?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Yeah Demi sold his account. (for a rather nice amount too ;)

I played kil jaden for a while. Haven't played since early october cause I just don't have the time. Damn that makes me want to get back to the killing. Not many like the priest class because of having to heal but there is nothing like a good shadow priest. I started taking down level 60's when I hit about 50. Good times, good times....

Might start up again in the summer or something, but right now I can't mess up my grade 12 year with a crack like video game. (plus saves me some cash not playing)