Well worth the PAIN

Options
stubby
stubby Posts: 723
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Well guys, I FINALLY got in a day of quality listening. Of course I had to get a vasectomy to get it. The wife and three girls(that's why the big V) left me to my own devices and let me recover for the whole day! Needless to say, the 'ol 1.2's got quite a workout. At long last, I got to HEAR the new Tool CD. Very nice. Kick drums don't have quite the authority their other recordings have but dynamics and soundstage are very good. Stravinsky's Firebird still scares the hell out of me. I get more people to jump with that recording than any other. Well, gotta go. They're not home yet so I better get back in there and clear out a bit more ear wax.
Stubby
SRS 3.1TL
Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
Anthem AVM2

Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I think I'm gonna wait for a regularly scheduled off day to get re-acquainted with "The Truth".

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Where the heck have you been? I thought you fell off the planet!

Glad to hear you're getting into some time with the 1.2s, but OUCH!
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited August 2001
    Options
    dyk the new tool is hdcd?
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Yeah, I did see the HDCD emblem on the back. Tool has always taken pride in their recordings. I used to work with their drummer's brother and he told me some good stories.
    Ya know guys, I either had a really good doctor or all the horror stories about vasectomies were BS. I feel fine. No swelling, not even any soreness. Maybe it's because I'm hung like a hamster. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2