Alpine products sound best with polk momos

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2000 s-10 pick up regular cab up front in the dash i have 4x6 polk momo plates in the doors i have polk momo 6 1/2 and i am running two polk momo 8 inch subs now far as sound quality in my opion the alpine cda 9833 sounds best with polk momo poineer don't come close i had the poineer 860mp the alpine deck sounds flat out better whats neat about the alpine is you control the v12 amps from the head unit thats awesome alpine and polk one heck of a combination.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2005
    thrilling... i personally run a good pioneer premier, and have fantastic results, but i'm glad that you can get through life without periods, and that you like your alpine. you are the envy of women everywhere.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    I am also a fan of all things Alpine, especially their head units and double especially their V12 amps! However, virtually all CD players are going to sound the same when running thru the pre-outs to the amps. Im not doubting your statement tho but I bet what happened is that your old Pioneer had 2 volt preouts and the Alpine has 4 volt outs and so it seems louder and cleaner.

Either way tho, Polk speakers and Alpine V12 amps is an awesome combination. I envy ya! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2005
    the pre out voltage doenst matter as long as you have your gains set right and arent clipping them
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2005
    Right but if youre running a 2 volt Pioneer to your amps then upgrade to a 4 volt Alpine with the same amps, all of a sudden they seem to be louder and cleaner. That was what I figured he did cause thats what I did when I replaced my aging Sony 1 volt h/u with my currrent 4 volt Alpine. My first thought was "Wow! What have I been missing?" Then I figured it out!
    ;)
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    The poineer had 6 volt preouts, this was the top of the line head unit. Look everybody get's all hyped up on the looks and the features of the poineer, but if you are looking for sound quality your not going to get it from poineer, alpine head units sound so much better. I would not ever own another poineer not as long as alpine is around.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by cam5860
    The poineer had 6 volt preouts, this was the top of the line head unit. Look everybody get's all hyped up on the looks and the features of the poineer, but if you are looking for sound quality your not going to get it from poineer, alpine head units sound so much better. I would not ever own another poineer not as long as alpine is around.

P9....that's all SQ there. Before you go bitchin about pioneer, get your **** straight. I've had the 960, and now the p8, bout amazing hu's, tons of features, plenty of tweaking options. Ever think it was user error?
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    Look poineer makes a good head unit they have more features and tweeking ability than any other head unit. Alpine head units just sound better, you can take a alpine straight out the box no tweeking and it sounds better. I think everybody knows alpine is the leader in the headunit area.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    thrilling... i personally run a good pioneer premier, and have fantastic results, but i'm glad that you can get through life without periods, and that you like your alpine. you are the envy of women everywhere.

LMFAO!:D
  • exalted512
    edited February 2005
    you obviously have no idea what in the world youre talking about:rolleyes:
    -Cody
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    you obviously have no idea what in the world youre talking about:rolleyes:
    -Cody
    co-sign - just quit the internet all together
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by cam5860
    Look poineer makes a good head unit they have more features and tweeking ability than any other head unit. Alpine head units just sound better, you can take a alpine straight out the box no tweeking and it sounds better. I think everybody knows alpine is the leader in the headunit area.
    as a note, no one is disputing that alpines sound good, or that they're leaders. but, if you're willing to spend 600+ on a headunit, like the two you named, and mine as well, it's generally assumed you're willing to spend the time to tune it. in your car, me tuning your pioneer would sound infinitely better than you not tuning your alpine, guaranteed. but, if you like it, that's what matters, so more power to you.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    Look i am not trying to say poineer is not good they make nice head units. I just prefer alpine over them if your into extreme sound quality im looking for the best sound possible. Alpine just has the quality of sound im looking for poineer makes great stuff. i just think alpine is a step ahead of everyone right now i mean who else can give you the control over your system like alpine with there v-12 amps.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2005
    Cam, do you sell Alpine?
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    But do i own alpine you dang skippy i do.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2005
    cam, are you a friggin **** incapable of determining the difference between opinions and facts?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    Cam, things ain't looking too good for ya man... just give it up. I own Alpine, but Pioneer is just as good. Depending on who's at the controls, either one can sound better. They're both so advanced that neither one can be definitively called "the best". The end.
    Love,
    Austin
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    edited February 2005
    cam, you would make a perfect canidate for a circuit city salesman
    why? because you have no idea what youre talking about and yet you think you do.
    this thread makes me laugh
    i wonder if this is ronald in disguise?
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2005
    Hmmmm, I like JL, Ronald likes JL.

I like Alpine, this guy likes Alpine.

Maybe I need to rethink some of my preferences! :D

• exalted512
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Hmmmm, I like JL, Ronald likes JL.

I like Alpine, this guy likes Alpine.

Maybe I need to rethink some of my preferences! :D
    i couldve told you that;)
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2005
    Well Im down on JL lately cause, fankly, they are just too damn popular but Ill always be a fan of Alpine and I flat love their V12 amps.

• exalted512
    edited February 2005
    i could care less about popularity...they suck for the price:p
    i have no problem with alpine though
    -Cody
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited February 2005
    What happened to the no brand bashing rule we have here? Maybe you should read them and register cam, then you might have room to talk...on second thought, maybe not.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    Look im not going to argue with you all. Alpine is the best oneday you all will except that also, thats it for this post im outta here.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    edited February 2005
    dont let the door hit you in the **** on the way outdeal.gif
    -Cody
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Well Im down on JL lately cause, fankly, they are just too damn popular but Ill always be a fan of Alpine and I flat love their V12 amps.

So unpopularity is a requirment? ;)
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited February 2005
    Dumb thread.

Done.
This discussion has been closed.