I'm looking for a complete system

Dional
Dional Posts: 1
edited February 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I would like some recomendations for my 99' Civic. I am choosing to go with polk not only for the sound but because of my 65% discount through my work so reccomend me a very high quality system, thanks. Oh and btw i am a brand new to the car audio world, i know my home audio but i know nothing about cars.
Post edited by Dional on

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited February 2005
    Check out the installs from the car audio part of the Polk site. There are more than a handful of Civics there.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    First off for front stage defintely go with MMC6500 components.

For subs, how bout a pair of MM2124 subs. You could also go with a single MM2124DVC.

As for amps, the Polk amps dont quite match up to their speakers and this is especially true with their subs. You could get the C300.2 for the speakers and the C500.1 for the subs.

Other amps I would recommend depend on your budget. In the $400 and below league, I always go with MTX and Crossfire. $400 and above and Ill take Xtant, JL Audio and Orion.

For head units, Ill choose either this Alpine or this Pioneer unit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • duane26
    duane26 Posts: 15
    edited February 2005
    I have a 00' civic and I just finally got my system up and running. Pioneer premier head unit, mmc 6500-took over 3 weeks to get because cardomain send me the db's on accident, mtx thunder 684- collected dust in the closet for a month, and a single 2124- don't know how well the sub is because i have to burn her in. But the front components sound great. And I disconected the back speakers today, and yes the experts were right back speakers are not needed, after 3 weeks of listening with them running off my deck.

Now 2 2124 would be sweet!