Sprint PCS -- RANT

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I'm gonna KILL these people! I ordered my cell phone from them 10 days ago. It was supposed to be here in 5 days. First of all they won't send the phone to me at school since that isn't my billing address (home). They're worried about fraud. So I called back in 2 days so I could get a tracking number so I would know when to travel home to pick it up (parents are on vacation). Note: every time you call you are on hold for 20-30 minutes. After I finally get some guy on the phone, it turns out my order was never processed completely. OK, the guy finishes processing the order. The phone will ship out tomorrow, he says. Anyway, I called them the next 3 days in a row, and each time they tell me the phone hasn't shipped and that it will ship the next day. Finally I call and the guy tells me that it's been delivered and gives me the tracking number. I get off the phone and punch in the tracking number, and it says the phone was delivered to El Paso, Texas!!! WTF? So, I call them back again. Oh, we screwed up your order sir. Here we are 6 days later, and it still hasn't shipped. I called them this morning after being on hold for 40 minutes to get the tracking number, and the idiot gives me the El Paso tacking number again! I'm furious!!! I'm wasting my life on these morons trying to get a freakin' tracking number! My advice to you: don't buy from Sprint online.

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    edited August 2001
    Options
    And after being put on hold for another 45 minutes, here's what I get:

"I'm sorry sir, my system crashed, and I can't get that information for you right. Please call back in an hour."

Aaron (gonna go postal)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    Options
    So, why have a cell phone?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Tuan Nguyen
    Tuan Nguyen Posts: 2
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Why not get it directly from a Sprint PCS store, or from BB or CC, they sell them directly to you, no tracking, no shipping, you get it right there. And at the Sprint PCS store you can activate it right there, no problems.
    No, "oops we couldnt deliver it from the back room to your hands, so we'll do it tomorrow"
    -=-=-Nguyendot-=-=-
  • Aaron
    edited August 2001
    Options
    You save an extra $50 by doing it online. After all the aggrivation it really isn't worth the $50. Oh, well. Live and learn.

Aaron
  • Tuan Nguyen
    Tuan Nguyen Posts: 2
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I didnt know u could save $50 online, thats coo. I got my Sprint PCS touchpoint 2100 from BB and the only problem i had was that they charged me $30 for a new phone activation when i got a new phone. God forbid I buy ANOTHER phone from them, and they'd be happy to transfer the account over to the newer phone that i spent more money on, but noooo they charge me anyways. Oh well the service plan i got from BB let me trade out my old flip phone for this newer, better one, and not pay a dime.
    cool beans, good luck with ur phone
    -=-=-Nguyendot-=-=-
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited August 2001
    Options
    My bro used to be a district mangager for a large restraunt chain and they had all sprint pcs phones- they were the worst phones/systems I have ever heard or delt with!. I was planing on using sprint...but after the problems my bros job had with sprint... there is no way I'd ever use them.

biggest problem was the phone cutting out all the time in his area while using it...... all the phones the co. had did... and everytime he went to a service center..you had to wait in-line for 45-60 min... wich I found out is common..

Sprint PCS..no way