SQ of DB675 vs MM650 and other Q's

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was wondering how the SQ is of both. Im leaning towards the MM650's since i have a set of Altec lansing 6x9's carbon-fiber comps that sounded really nice with lots of bass for 6x9. I had a few guys asking me if i had a sub when i didnt. It was even funnier because it was running off of a aiwa with no amps and no bass boost. All in my 76 duster and there was lots of trunk space.

Im going to use a 8" or 10" sub to fill in the bottom octaves. Im going for sealed with the subs so i have been looking for the lowest F3 possible. I'm either going to get the Polk DX8 or DX10. The only other sub choices i have so far are Dayton Quatro 8 and 10.

Amps im not sure on im not looking for mad power i just want a nice sounding system. I was thinking about MTX amps, thunder404 and thunder451D.

I have 03 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Thank in advance
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2005
    I cant edit it .....

The head unit is going to be a Pioneer DEH-P860MP, It's the only head unit i could find that uses the Burr Brown in the output stages.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    The DB series are the best you can get for their price, but the MMC's are about the best you can get for anything under $400.

I personally think the DB and Carbons sound kind of close but the DB sounds a little more thin to me and the Carbons have a better "color" to heavy guitar.

Plus the Momos are some of the most detailed speakers on the market. Id put them up against ANY speaker out there in detail.

The Momos are also a little smoother around the edges than the DB.

As far as amps, you cant hardly beat MTX Thunder amps. Some of the best there is.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D