Would you all approve?

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by mbdyer12
    I bought the Pioneer xm receiver with the xmicro antenna...
    ahhsome!

I was going to go with the adapter and antenna but i got a great deal on the MyFi.... and everyone loves portable music nowadays so I had to get it.
    the MyFi is a babe magnet too... i had it at the ball game the other night and i couldn't keep it in my hand for more than 2 minutes at a time. maybe it was the fact i had mad John Mayer recorded...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited February 2005
    I'd love to get my hands on one of those for work. Too bad they're a bit steep in the dinero department. Hopefully they go down in price soon.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    I'd love to get my hands on one of those for work. Too bad they're a bit steep in the dinero department. Hopefully they go down in price soon.
    I got mine for 70 bucks shipped... that's with 6 months of subscription!!! mwuaha

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited February 2005
    <
    Jealous...

I want cheap stuff!

... If only I had the lack of a brain to go back into retail... No offense, of course.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    <
    Jealous...

I want cheap stuff!

... If only I had the lack of a brain to go back into retail... No offense, of course.
    I'm only there to support my hobby.

My job at state farm would be plenty but they limit my hours since I'm a high school intern type of deal.
    I like helping people out. the past week i've sold so many good starter setups to people. makes me feel good.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited February 2005
    Heres a few pics of the install so far... I've applied more spectrum since the time of the pics but you can see the power/ground and the rca cables running down the car
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • mbdyer12
    edited February 2005
    Look at the bracing under the back seat...OOOH...
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • mbdyer12
    edited February 2005
    Heres a quick question...I found a completely unused grommet/hole in the firewall when looking for a place to run the power/ground so I poked it and it fell out, but I couldn't find the grommet. For now the cables are kinda sitting there. How should I close this? I dont wanna take the wires out and rethread them through into the engine bay. You dont know how hard it was to get them. I had to use a coat hanger to pull them up because they popped out somewhere inbetween the oilpan and under the intercooler. Took me 30 mins to get em up. Can I use a bit of polyurathane expanding foam to seal this hole up without having to use a grommet?

Maybe I should get another grommet and cut it so i can slide it over the wires, then seal it with some silicone? Hmm...Ideas here people!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    Maybe I should get another grommet and cut it so i can slide it over the wires, then seal it with some silicone? Hmm...Ideas here people!
    that's what I did!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • dnewhous
    dnewhous Posts: 42
    edited February 2005
    Me? Badass? I wouldn't go this high end at all. I've studied it out of curiousity, but I consider all the electronics in a car to be inconvenient. I didn't learn about delta-sigma/bitstream DACs because of an interest in car audio. It's just something I happened to notice about car receivers, they're almost all using bitstream DACs. The cost of a stereo delta-sigma DAC is not high in and of itself. The most expensive ones would be $8 for the integrated circuit. It's quite disappointing that they aren't used on cheaper models but they are rather essential. You don't need to spend anywhere near that much on a DVD player or receiver to get delta-sigma DACs for home equipment. Delta-sigma DACs should be a small cost item that would make a big difference in sound quality.

My attitude is more like, if they're going to make me spend that much to get a receiver with delta-sigma DACs, then I'm not going to bother putting together a component/external amp system at all.

My $70 sound card has delta-sigma DACs! And it's an 8 channel one!
    Daniel L Newhouse
  • mbdyer12
    edited February 2005
    Oh?
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    Nice pics mbyder. Looks like a good time :D:D:D

-adam most from Illinois where we care the least.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited February 2005
    Maybe I'll take a pic of my hands to show you all the cuts I got. I havn't lost this much blood since I put a system in my friend's car. Haha... oh , I need to lay down...
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    Maybe I'll take a pic of my hands to show you all the cuts I got. I havn't lost this much blood since I put a system in my friend's car. Haha... oh , I need to lay down...
    Do it!!!! My hands get so dry and usually when I'm working in my car if I cut them nothing happens since they are so dried out. ahhhh good times!

-adam most from illinois where we care the least. (lol)
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    Good for you MB. Youre doing this the right way first. Ill bet you wont have any problems with wiring once you get it up and running.

As far as the missing gromet, Ive done that once or twice over the years. I just get some duct tape and tape it up on both sides and it seems to work fine.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2005
    The spectrum works pretty well. It works great on the floorboard and I dont hear any road noise coming through that at all... The trunk is making a bit more noise though. I'll have to apply another layer under the seat, in the wheel wells and in the trunk. That will probably fix it...by the way, this stuff goes on THICK so you dont need as much as you'd think.. Get some now before preorder is up. 2 layers is all you'd ever need...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    Heres some pics of the sub. Ohh boy is this thing heavy. The box it came in said it weighed 65 lb with the wood frame.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    And another
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    Uno mas
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    is it just me, or does that thing bear a striking resemblance to the brahma?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    It pretty much is.. It has xbl^2 technology behind it and it handles right bout the same power. It supposed to be a little stronger and be better in a ported box...
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    oooo another **** in the hizzy! is that a 12" man i got a 15" if we hooked up n made babies we could have little 13.5's running around....!!!!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    It be a 12"... Just got my Hifonics bx1500d 5 mins ago from UPS along with the Pioneer XM receiver. There shoulda been another amp in there but I didn't notice it was on backorder. Who knows when I'll get that one :(
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    It be a 12"... Just got my Hifonics bx1500d 5 mins ago from UPS along with the Pioneer XM receiver. There shoulda been another amp in there but I didn't notice it was on backorder. Who knows when I'll get that one :(
    Oh damn... i went with the XXZeus... see now we should hookup and produce little **** and hifonics babies!!!
    ahahaha

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    Haha. That amp is a pretty penny. Whats it do better than the plain ol class d amp? How you got the ****, sealed or ported? Hows it sound and how loud is it? :D
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    It's pretty loud in my closet...
    I'm going with a snail shell from Powered 4 Sound.
    I need about 1k worth of stuff to finish up.
    :D:D
    If not by the end of this month i'll have it all by the end of next month. I got my amp for 535 shipped from indoaudio with a 1 year warranty from him.

I figure if hifonics has to service it, it would still be cheaper than the retail. :D:D:D

-adam most from Illinois where we're farmboys who like to get loud.

EDIT: Ultimately whenever I get this finished I will buy a back-up for the amp because when I finish I'll have money just kinda sitting in a bank account.... which is pathetic and I need to ditch one of my jobs.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    Its never bad to have a pretty chunk of change sitting in the bank. Save up a whole lot and buy a house or something. :eek:
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited March 2005
    Its never bad to have a pretty chunk of change sitting in the bank. Save up a whole lot and buy a house or something. :eek:
    I'm 18... I don't need a house right now. The parents like me and let me use the basement. :D Mom is kind of weary about all this money going into my car but I tell her it will get me places.hahaha she buys it though...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    Heres the RE comps
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • mbdyer12
    edited March 2005
    A better angle of the midwoofer....That tall dustcap makes it look sexy...

Heres a second opinion about it:

[21:25] MikeD iswho i Be: i posted pics of the comps
    [21:31] Exalted512: it looks like a ****
    [21:32] MikeD iswho i Be: looks like a boob to me, sicko
    [21:33] MikeD iswho i Be: we know what you really think about now
    mid.jpg 47.6K
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX