WTB older video game system

Options
jawhog
jawhog Posts: 444
edited February 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Does anyone have an old system and some assorted games that they would like to blow out?

I'm talking any system, any amount of games.

I don't play, but have some nieces and nephews that come over from time to time and if I just had something to occupy a few moments of their time......
Post edited by jawhog on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2005
    Options
    I have a Super Nintendo....
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Pick up the namco joystick that comes with PacMan, Galaga, etc preloaded.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2005
    Options
    I got a sega genisis, 5 controllers and about 40 games I might be talked out of. :D
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Pick up the namco joystick that comes with PacMan, Galaga, etc preloaded.

These work great.
    Require almost no storage space.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by jdhdiggs
    I got a sega genisis, 5 controllers and about 40 games I might be talked out of. :D

Altered Beasts rules!! Except I beat it in one night and returned my genesis.
  • jawhog
    edited February 2005
    Options
    hmmmm, knowing this board, this thread is likely to quickly deteriorate from here.

You should be more careful with it thug.

Never heard of the namco's before, but ms pacman for $15? Cool.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by jawhog
    hmmmm, knowing this board, this thread is likely to quickly deteriorate from here.
    What exactly does that mean?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2005
    Options
    LOL... Sega Genesis... Yup, still have one.

But better yet, still have my Mattel Intellivision. State of the art graphics... :D I liked Tron on it...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2005
    Options
    what about a playstation 1?
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    But better yet, still have my Mattel Intellivision. State of the art graphics... :D

I still have one that works... :D

NFL football on that was the best football game until the most recent Maddens. On the fly play creation? Freakin awesome!

I love this system. If not for the ability to rip CD's to the hard drive, I'd take the intellivision over the X-box.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jawhog
    edited February 2005
    Options
    I was thinking around $40 or so, I think I'm going to pick up one or two namco's this weekend unless someone really wants to ditch some stuff for around that amount.

Now, if they just had a namco with Tempest....
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2005
    Options
    go with the namcos....i've played them with my younger cousins and they do a great job at keeping little ones entertained
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited February 2005
    Options
    I'll never get rid of it (sorry) but I have a SNES with about 75 games. I grew up with that system and even today it is still my favourite. Super Mario RPG, Legend of Zelda, Top Gear etc.... all frickin awesome games :D . Let us know how the namcos work for ya.
  • jawhog
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Picked up a Ms Pacman namco from walmart today for $19, although it's $16 on their website. Comes with Ms. Pac man, Xevious, Galaga, Pole Position and Mappy. Was never much of a Galaga fan and never even heard of Mappy. But the other three are as good (and exactly) as they were in 1982. For pole position the joystick twists to steer. I don't have time to become sucked into modern day games (although I know I'd love them) but playing some Ms Pac Man and Pole Position, what a blast. I wonder what the kids will think of these...

Anyway thanks for the tip!! Probably would have never found it otherwise.