1day sale - Sennheiser HD590

McLoki
McLoki Posts: 5,231
edited February 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Amazon is having a one day sale on Factory Reconditioned Sennheiser HD590 Full Size Headphones The cost is $119.99 and they have free shipping. They seem to get pretty good reviews and thought someone here may want a set.....

Michael
Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
Post edited by McLoki on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2005
    I purchased a pair of these as the first set of really nice headphones I have ever owned. I will post a review once I get them. (I went with the free shipping so it will take a few extra days)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • RobXant
    RobXant Posts: 201
    edited January 2005
    They also have the HD600 for $250. Not a bad price for retail, though not impressive if you frequent eBay...
    Yamaha RX-V1500 // Outlaw Audio M200 (x2) Panasonic TH-52PZ700U
    Sony DVP-NS715P // Sony Playstation3 // Roku Soundbridge M1000[/color]
    Polk LSi15 (w/Monster Z2 Wire) // Polk LSiC // Polk LSi7 // Velodyne DLS-3500

Workshop Rig: Creek 4330 // Technics SL-P310 // Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble 2
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2005
    Thats a good price for the 590s. If anyone is remotely considering it, get them. You won't regret them at that price.
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited January 2005
    Jumped on a pair, thanks for the heads-up...
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited January 2005
    So tempting, but my Sony MDR-V600's will have to hold out a bit longer, I'm on the hunt for an SVS!
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited February 2005
    I got my pair of 590s last week, and plugged them in to "burn in" before I listened to them. I've read that these more than most headphones, require extensive burn-in. Unfortunately, my office CD player has no repeat function, so I've only been able to give it about 15 hours of burn-in instead of the 100 or so that I would have liked before listening.

That being said, I like these. The soundstage is a bit weird, almost too wide, and not deep enough (if that makes sense). The left and right channel material are out to the sides, and the vocals are dead center in the middle of my head, not forward at all. It's not terribly bad, just "different" and will require getting used to.

The bass response is quite good. The treble and midrange are quite clear and detailed, without being too harsh.

The comfort factor is off the charts. These are EXTREMELY comfy for long-term use, since there is absolutely zero contact with the ears themselves. That's one of the things I hate about my Grado 225s - I cannot wear them for more than about a half hour before I want to rip them off my skull...

Overall, well worth the money.