ps2 online

movieguy
movieguy Posts: 64
edited January 2005 in Video Games
so my 8 year old asks me to run some network cable up to his video game room . thats right a room dedicated to video gaming, 32 inch sanyo , ps2 , x box and game cube with full surround.any way he wants to play star wars battlefront online so i run the cable for him . he hooks it up, configures it, and online he goes . he finds a game to join and is having the time of his life when a chat message appears and you gussed it. someone uses some pretty raw language in the chat message . anyone know if the chat function can be turned off so he can just play and not recieve any messages? i was gonna get him the headset so he could join a socom and ranbow six game , but i don't think i will. he's a pretty smart 8 year old and mature for his age but i can only imagine the talk through the headset , anyway any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by movieguy on

Comments

• Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited January 2005
    There isn't much you can do,
    No offense intended, but I think if the kid can handle the gore and such of these games, he can handle the language, I don't think you can really get rid of the function, you could pull the plug on him maybe...