guess my "NEW" speakers (here's your "interesting" thread, Micah)

Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
OK guys, I bought a used pair of Polk speakers for my bedroom system (or possibly the home theater. I haven't decided where they're gonna go yet). They arrive tomorrow, so I'll give you a run down in a day or two. In the mean time, take your best guess as to what they are. Sorry Micah, that's the best I could do. It's totally audio-related though!

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    Are yes/no questions acceptable for hints?

If so, is it a 2-way?

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    edited August 2001
    I guess it's technically considered a 2 1/2-way speaker.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2001
    Does it have a passive radiator?

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    edited August 2001
    No passive radiators here.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2001
    This is tiring me fast.

You got some Bose 301's to compliment your rears.

There

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Aaron
    edited August 2001
    This is pretty lame, isn't it? Oh, well. I TRIED to make an interesting post. Anyway, I'll give you another hint: remember that post abou Sanus speaker stands......

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2001
    What about it?

Man, I'm still steamin over these Lam and Nugget guys....

Tell me, get my mind off it, what did you acquire?

R
  • Aaron
    edited August 2001
    So do you think those guys are related? I have a sneaky suspision they are. Anyway, I scored a pair of RT55's. I got a pretty good deal on them, so I figured I'd go for it. I'm thinking what I may do is put the RT55's in the home theater and move the RT800's to my bedroom. I don't think the RT55's will keep me happy without a subwoofer. Anyway, we'll see today. I haven't listened to RT55's in a LONG time. I also picked up a pair of Sanus stands, so if they suck I'm coming back on you and Paul. :D Later!

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2001
    Faced with the same decisions, I would use the 800's in a music only setting vs the 55's. I think the 55's will be GREAT mains with your 400 up center.

Good job there Aaron.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2001
    after you mentioned the stands.....

Before I was thinking you got an older pair of Monitors.....

Russ,
    Plenty of A-holes in the world but riddle me this joker, why oh why do I run in to all of them?
    It's friday almost Guiness time.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2001
    Looks like they deleted the 'dream system' post finally....

Man, I'm too tired for Guiness now.

R
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2001
    thank goodnes......

ahhh, buck up, little camper! So have something a little lighter say...a Murphy's or a Harp.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut