Want to install POLKDB650

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello,

Im very new when it comes to car speakers, I really need help.
I have 97 Corolla, I bought 2 pairs of Polk car speakers(5 1/4 for front and 6 1/2 for rear) from CircuitCity. And installation is lil expensive($80), Im thinking to do the installtion myself. But Im not sure its possible or not. Please advice.

Thanks a lot.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited January 2005
    It's extremely hard. You might as well fork over the 80 dollars now. So many people think they can installl but end up breaking stuff and having to go back and pay for it to be done. Safe yourself the time and money.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

don't listen to me though.

yea man!!! go for it... it's pretty easy just take your time with the door n stuff.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2005
    dont listen to him, hes the forum idiot. its not that hard. the hardest part is taking off the panels. once the panels are off itll only take a few minutes to replace the speakers if theyre "drop ins"
    its very simple
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2005
    I agree with Cody. Dont listen to swerve and its pretty simple to install speakers.

Like he said, negotiating the door panel is usally the hardest part of the install. After that just unscrew them from the door and hook up the wires.

At the very most you may have to cut or bend the openings a little to get them in there if theyre too big but thats no big deal.

Go for it! Most of the fun of car audio is installing.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited January 2005
    Don't listen to me?

fine it's the last time i post... have a good time.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • speakernewbie
    speakernewbie Posts: 1
    edited January 2005
    Thank you all for the wonderful advice. I will do it this weekend. Are these good speakers POLKDB650 for rear and POLKDB525 for front? Thanks again.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2005
    for the price, you will not find any better
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited January 2005
    Originally posted by swerve
    Don't listen to me?

fine it's the last time i post... have a good time.

-adam

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Ya know we love ya adam (not in your freaky **** **** way but more in a 'little brother we'd like to kill' way) ;)
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!