Custom Enclosure

AbileneS10
AbileneS10 Posts: 10
edited January 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey people,

I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas on sub placement in the back of my 1996 S10 extended cab truck. I was looking to get a custom box box made for each on and fit them in the courner but if you guys have any other suggestions on placement i would greatly apprecitate it. This is the space i have to work with. I would like to keep that console in the back because it houses the jack for my truck. Anyways let me know if you have any ideas. O ya i need to fit a CS 500.1 and 400.4 in that area to power the whole system.
Post edited by AbileneS10 on

Comments

• AbileneS10
    AbileneS10 Posts: 10
    edited January 2005
    Sorry pic didnt load up this should work.

LOL forgot to tell you they are 10" polk momo subs that need to go back there along with the two amps. Sorry about that. And also i would like to put fiberglass back there and give it a better look if you know where i could get some info on that it would be greatly appreciated

If there is any other information you need i will be checking this post regularly and i will get what needed infomation to you as soon as i can. Thanks again.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2005
    i dont know of any plans, but it shouldnt be hard at all, looks like you have plenty of room
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2005
    The first idea that came to me was to make a downfiring box and lay it across the floor directly behind the front seat. Then you can make an ampboard and mount your amps to that then mount the amp board to the top of the sub box.

This would be the best way to fit the box and amps but it would eliminate most of your storage and forget about rear passengers.

In that small a cab I would recommend downfiring.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D