So since he hasn't posted here yet, maybe this will insprire him

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited January 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
amulford went and bought the stuff for his stereo for his truck.

Given the layout, he was kind of limited but I think he chose some real nice stuff. I found him som great deals on nice stuff.

He's getting a Kenwood EZ-500 head unit. It's new and snazzy as all get out! Also getting a Sirius tuner to go with it.

Since his budget was for ~1500, we got him a Hifonics nemesis NX880 and a Hifnoics Nemesis NX750D for amplification. It's 100 watts x 4 and the sub amp will be pushing a DVC Polk MM2104 at around 500 watts in a custom enclosure.

Front speakers are gonna be the MMC6500s. He wanted the MM6's but they would require cutting of the speaker holes and he didn't want to do that. It's OK, tose speakers are plenty snazzy, I was looking at them in Tweeter. Good stuff right there.

Rear speakers are going to be Image Dynamics 5.25 inch woofers for the extra oomph in the mid-range. It shouldn't skew the sound stage too much at all. It'll help with smoothing the frequency response with the 10 inch sub and front speakers too. I would have put Polks back there but ya can't get component woofers.

Should be a pretty snazzy setup! It was a tad over his ~1500 budget but he was cool with that. He got some good cabling too. Streetwires all aroun dfrom speaker wire down to the ZeroNoise 6.0 interconnects. I think he'll be very happy with it! We'll take pictures of the install process too.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2004
    note on zero noise 6...

they are not the same principle as the zero noise 5 were.

in actuality... the zero noise 6 are electronically (well composition) and physically identical to the zero noise 3.5 -- only difference is a pretty colored braid (for rigidity) and price.

save the loot - go with 3.5's next time -- either way though - good system choices - good job all around -especially on the budget.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2005
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    note on zero noise 6...

in actuality... the zero noise 6 are electronically (well composition) and physically identical to the zero noise 3.5 -- only difference is a pretty colored braid (for rigidity) and price.

Not true. That braid is grounded which makes it work like a Faraday cage around the wire. That means that it insulates from RF interference quite well.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!