*Insert bad words here*

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited January 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well, I finally got my box out of the truck and looks pretty great. I still have 3 layers, (4 in some places) to go and ill be done. The box is fine. One of my sub amps on the other hand, is not.
When I was prepping everything to get ready to fiberglass, I obviously had to take out the subs and seat and stuff. The plastic covers on my distro blocks are superglued on because the power wire is so thick that it pushes em out. Even though RF says its for the wire I'm using. Anyway, because of this, I tape my speaker wire with electrical tape so it wont make a connection. Well, I remember now after I taped down one my dad called me to do something. When I got back, I forgot to do the other. Not a problem now though. I'm listening to my radio the entire time I'm fiberglassing inside the truck. Today I take out the box and I guess I moved the wires around in doing so. I turn my truck on b/c the radio's been playing for 3 days without the truck on, so its time to let the batteries recharge. I take the box to the bed and start peeling off the tape.(which was also a major PITA) Anyway, I go to put a CD in and notice my voltage is kind of low. I look back to see the speaker wire of my amp touching, thus running it at the resistance of the wire. Basically 0 ohms. i turn the truck off immediately but the light is already out on my amp. its burning up. I tape off the wire and turn the truck back on. Nothing. Go about my tape peeling and checking the amp periodically. Its a goner. unless it turns on tomorrow, its going back to RF(thank you 3 yr warranty!!!!!!) Bad thing is my receipt is in College Station 4 hours away with no chance of me getting it before January 13th. So I emailed thezeb.com to see if I can get a receipt. Im not holding my breath. Thezeb.com has by far the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in my entire life. I'll also be calling RF tomorrow to get an RA number so I can return it as fast as thezeb can get me a receipt. I will be calling thezeb.com as well. I have no faith in them whatsoever though...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    sucks for you
    -Cody

What comes around... goes around... you typed that like 12 hours ago remember?

nah man but that really sucks.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    ill still have this amp before you have yours
    thebirds.gif
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    next week?

This thread officially sucks cody... you fail

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    i thought i told you you couldnt reply to my threads anyway;)
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    I ****in knew it. "Thanks for the message. I am sorry, but we do not keep receipts on file, and we do not have any way to rebuild a new receipt."
    they must be the only company in the world that doesnt keep receipts on file. ive gotten receipts from onlinecarstereo before and theyre not even ****in authorized. i cant believe this bs
    AHHHHHHHHHHH
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2004
    here's an idea. Call up your home and have somebody MAIL YOUR RECIEPT TO YOU!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    im at home, the receipt is in my dorms. dorms are on lock down til january 13th. no ones there except for maybe our hall advisor, but i dont have his number.
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    im at home, the receipt is in my dorms. dorms are on lock down til january 13th. no ones there except for maybe our hall advisor, but i dont have his number.
    All your base are belong to the Zeb!@!!!

:D:D:D

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    well, i went back to the truck this morning and popped off the cover to my distro block...i had looked at the fuse when it happened but i know before i had blown a fuse behind the casing on the ends so it doesnt appear to be blown...same thing happened again...just a blown fuse...i damn near nutted right in my truck when i realized thats what happened
    but this doesnt change anything--i still hope thezeb goes bankrupt...****
    good news is...i still have $50(all the money i have left:() to spend and dont have to waste any on shipping!! woohoo!
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    you got my hopes up wishing for your misfortune.... :D:D

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    sucks for you
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Cool brother. Im glad your amp didnt die. That would suck driving around for weeks with nothing to listen to.

I was hoping it would be something like that cause my first thought was why didnt the amp go into protection?

I admit to running an amp at 0 ohms a time or two although not for very long and if memory serves, they all went into protection.

Either way Im glad it worked out. They still got some duty left before those US Amps get back there! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    I wish it would have died... it would have served him right for what he said to me on AIM the other day...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    lol @ adam

nah...if it wouldve blown i wouldve still had one sub with the full amount of power and i have a 350S which wouldve been powering the other sub.
    either way, itd still be loud...as soon as i get the damn box put together. everything (including the front stage) should be done by tuesday. done as in, the speakers are installed. im not sure when everything well be finished as in painting the a-pillars and kicks and covering the box. a-pillars and kicks will be done first. it will be done before i go back to college, if not, the weekend after. the sub box...who knows, i really dont care because it doesnt show that much, but it should be covered before march
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    I'm sure it will look like **** just because you did it...

but seriously, hopefully it all turns out for you.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2004
    i go away for MONTHS - i come back - and what changes? NOTHING -- cody's still fighting with the zeb... rockford still sucks... and he's got his box in his room again like a couch er something... er was that the bench seat ---

now see John's cool cuz he's still got his lightning - and its good tht has not changed...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    i go away for MONTHS - i come back - and what changes? NOTHING -- cody's still fighting with the zeb... rockford still sucks... and he's got his box in his room again like a couch er something... er was that the bench seat ---

now see John's cool cuz he's still got his lightning - and its good tht has not changed...
    May I come over and eat out of your fridge?

I'm only interested if you have ham and string cheese.... just let me know. :D:D

Cody - so can we get some pictures of your progress, or did you leave your camera 4 hours away as well?

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge

lmao...i thought you fell off the face of the planet or something...
    my back seat and my box are both in my room as of now. everything should be put back together within a week though. hows the job at ford going? they still wanting to slash your tires??

adam, didnt leave my camera 4 hours away, but i did leave my ethernet 4 hours away...ill try to get a couple of pics tomorrow up if im done with the bottom
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited December 2004
    You can upload a few pics for us cody....
    I remember I used to have 28k and it was horrid, but i still uploaded.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited January 2005
    ...just a blown fuse...

Isn't it like a legal requirement or something to check the fuse first when your amp isn't working??? Cody you disapoint me **shakes head while he walks away**
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • exalted512
    edited January 2005
    at least i can spell disappoint!!
    and i visually checked it...lol
    -Cody
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited January 2005
    at least i can spell disappoint!!
    and i visually checked it...lol
    -Cody

hey, i never claimed to be able to spell properly :p

and ya always bust out the multimeter... always ;)
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!