Finally

ntculenuff
ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
edited December 2004 in Video Games
the wife finally let me get a gaming system. now is the choice. i am unsure which way to go X-BOX or PS2 ?
i like to play mainly racing games (car, bike) and stuff like tony hawks skating, snowboard games, crap like that.
does one system have more or better games than the other?
and last time i looked X-BOX did not have a digital out and PS2 does.
so i guess i am just looking for some feed back and different opions of the systems since i have some time b4 i can buy one since no one in town has any to buy.
:D:D
Speakers:
Definitive BP7001sc mains
Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
Polk RT800i's rears
Definitive supercube I Sub
Audio:
Onkyo TX-NR3010
Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
Video:
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
Directv x's 2
Post edited by ntculenuff on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited December 2004
    XBOX all the way...

the graphics are better...

XBOX has a true high definition pack that will do 1080i and 720p...PS2 does not have this that I am aware of...

I don't know about games...everything I play is basically available on both platforms...but as far as sound and video performance, XBOX wins easily...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2004
    The HD xbox pack has an optical out.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    The HD xbox pack has an optical out.
    right, forgot to mention that.

Most games are released n DD, so the optical out is cool to have. I think that HD pack will run ya about 50 bucks or so, cheaper online...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2004
    Have to agree with the other respondants, the only benefit PS2 has over XBOX is amount of games. While most of the main games now are made for both (save a few that are specific to one platform or another), PS2 has far more games available. And you say you like racing, Gran Turismo 4 is due out soon, and that's Playstation only as far as I know.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2004
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by bobman1235
    Have to agree with the other respondants, the only benefit PS2 has over XBOX is amount of games. While most of the main games now are made for both (save a few that are specific to one platform or another), PS2 has far more games available. And you say you like racing, Gran Turismo 4 is due out soon, and that's Playstation only as far as I know.

TRUE! Get an XBOX, Man. There is an advance av pack for this system for $20. This pack has an s-video out and an optical out. I have it and I love it. Games in DD are good to go. Xbox!...Xbox!....Xbox!:D
    Also if you like driving games try Need For Speed Underground 2 or Burnout 3: Takedown. These are two of my favorites. To sum it all up in one word......HALO.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • 1337 G33K
    1337 G33K Posts: 1
    edited December 2004
    I would totally go with xbox man. I own both PS2 and Xbox. I find myself playing the xbox much more because of the graphics and audio, and the xbox live is awesome. :D
    John
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited December 2004
    sounds like i will be buying an xbox and a hd upgrade for it.
    cant wait until some arrive in town. i am totally buying burn out 3 my brother brought that over x-mas day. think i will take a few days off when i get one too just to break it in.
    thanks guys
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by Polkmaniac
    right, forgot to mention that.

Most games are released n DD, so the optical out is cool to have. I think that HD pack will run ya about 50 bucks or so, cheaper online...

PS2 has optical out as well
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2004
    XBOX...all games are DD. I have never ran into a game that was not DD.

Graphics blow ps2 out of the water.

There are more than enough games on the XBox that are also on the ps2.

Get the GTA Double pack, you will be shocked.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png