Sda-srs

reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Got back awhile ago from a two day trip to Kentucky to pick up a nice pair of SRS-SDA. The owner was a very good guy named Charlie who hated to see them go but was moving and had no room. His Misses told me she would not miss them. They were looking for new smaller speakers and had looked at, well, you guessed it Bose. Hopefully, I disuaded that idea with some others. Anyway here are a few pics.

A big thanks to Hoosier21 for turning me on to these when he spotted a private sale on the internet.

RT1
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    edited December 2004
    Yes they sound awesome. I will get some better pics up after getting things squared away.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2004
    They will sound even better with the Dodd Audio Pre......it's about time you pick up some bigger SDA's.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited December 2004
    Congrats Ted!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2004
    Nice snag Ted. Hey, did you go through Knoxville on your way to Louisville? If so, you shoulda let me know and I would have bought you a beer or something.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    Great Ted - enjoy!
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2004
    Congrats Ted.
    It's a good feeling,the first morning you wake up and see them there waiting to play some tunes, and you realize it wasn't just a dream.

-Luc
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2004
    Thanks very much guys. Yea, Luc that content feeling after this upgrade is nice.

I have taken this week off so am getting to spend some nice time getting to know them and hearing the changes they make to the rig. As expected a huge difference from the old front end. Suprisingly, the wife actually likes the look of the HT rig better with the SRS and even admits to the great sound. Guess I will be doing a little less "cave" time.

Doro--I think Gary is spanking me a bit making me wait on the Dodd, but yea, cant wait to get tubing with these.

Shack--Sorry I missed you man, would of been great, I did go through Knoxville, will do it another time.

Here is a shot with the grills on and things cleaned up a bit, system is all re-calibrated, watched BlackHawk Down Superbit, great HT speakers, doing some SACD now sipping a cold one, life is good.

RT1