Monitor 10 tweeter and year?

Options
outlander
outlander Posts: 218
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Hello,
I picked up these Monitor 10's on ebay and I was wondering if they are the II's or B's and what tweeter I have in these and is that tweeter OK? Now I'm really going to reach, is there anyway to tell what year they were built? The serial# is 10 203203.

Thanks!
O
aa.jpg 87.6K
Post edited by outlander on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Look like 10B's, the tweeter is the SL2000.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• outlander
    outlander Posts: 218
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Thanks F1nut,

I searched the forum and these questions have been kind of answered before but always with a bit of confusion. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the Peerless, SL1000, SL2000 and SL2500. Also if I knew what year each model type was used in the Monitor 10’s it may help me date these speakers. Does anyone have pics of each tweeter?
    O
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited December 2004
    Options
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=monitor

Your speakers are mid to late '80's and were designed to use the SL2000, so it doesn't matter about the others. However, you can use the updated replacement tweeter from Polk which everyone prefers over the SL2000. Contact Ken at Polk to purchase them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk