2002 silverado door panel removal

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Does anyone have any info/diagrams to remove the door panel and also the rear panels (behind the seat) for a 2002 Chevy Silverado? I got the window crank, the screw at lower front and at the arm rest removed but can't figure out how to get the panel to pull away from the door.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2004
    make sure theres no trim pieces around the door handle, after that, just pull. theyre held on by basically a ribbed plastic nail. youre going to hear a bunch of popping when they come off, but all that is is the ribs popping out.
    im not sure but this might help you out a little bit...its off of a '96 chevy
    http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/531337/6
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2004
    Unfortunately it does not appear to be mounted in the normal fashion. I ran a screwdriver under the panel and around the door edge before I hit a mounting hardware device. I have removed panels from other GM products that had the push pin type attachments. This model GM truck does not appear to use those devices. I cannot figure out how the panel gets removed. I tried to pull out, pull up, pull down and pull backward and forward on the panel without success.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2004
    thats very odd...if you could, i would try uploading a picture of your door and posting it at www.fullsizechevy.com , im sure someone there will have an answer for you.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it