static

beavis240
beavis240 Posts: 29
edited December 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey,

i got MMC6500's, MMC690's, C.400 to the speakers, and C300.2 hooked up to 2 MM12's. i just got all this installed recently at tweeter with knukoncept wiring. However, whenever i have music thats softer (with less distortion) or when something is being sustained and i go over any bump or crack in the road, i get a lil static sound. its pretty annoying, but you cant hear it when the regular rock music is playing, prolly because its being covered up.

any ideas as to what it is or how to fix it?
Post edited by beavis240 on

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    "Static is the last thing ya need when ya see me
    Better have a bat or a gat to defeat me
    'EDITED' Im a whole posse rolled into one shot
    Takin all ya got as your girl gets hot"

yea man that's static, you know nothin bout that ish homie. come down to the 309 we fenna show you a party.

peace and godbless

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2004
    sounds like youve got a loose wire somewhere...id check all your connections, starting with the ground on your amp(s).
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    sounds like youve got a loose wire somewhere...id check all your connections, starting with the ground on your amp(s).
    -Cody
    Listen to him, I'm seriously just a clown.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    sounds like youve got a loose wire somewhere
    -Cody

You talking to Swerve or Beavis? :D

I agree, sounds like a loose connection at one of the speaker terminals or maybe the amp outputs. Either check them yourself to see if theyre tight or take it back to Tweeter and have them check it.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D