KnuKonceptz amp kits: Pure copper? Does it matter?

MortySnerd
MortySnerd Posts: 5
edited December 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am interested in the Kolak44 for about half the price of what my local dealer wants to charge me for a monster kit. However, I've been told there is a huge difference between copper and aluminum wire, and that cheaper kits often use sub-par aluminum.

How true is this, and if it is true, which material does the Kolak44 use? I've seen KnuKonceptz mentioned a lot here in this forum, thanks!

-Mike
Post edited by MortySnerd on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Copper is supposed to conduct better but basically power wire is power wire. Go with the Knu wire. It is as good as any of the other major brands.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited December 2004
    KnuKonceptz uses Oxygen Free Copper wire. Can't get any better than that. Definitely equal to monster, stinger, or any other big brand. They also have a very high strand count, so their wires are very flexible and easy to install. Don't know why anyone would want to buy anything else...

The RCA's that come with that kit are good, but nothing special. I use them, and they sound great. You might want to get the Krystal Kables if you're looking for amazing sound. For the quality of cables those are, they could easily charge 4 times what they do.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2