Monitor 10

reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
A fine set of these speakers are on their way to me, I will let the wife wrap them up so that she feels included in my little audio hobby. The speakers as we know are great, however, these are more special than usual. Why?? Well, they are in a container I shall only deem THE BOX, now at this point I only know THE BOX takes a minimum of six hours to construct and has likely been quantified by extensive empirical data to withstand forces only known to those people who wear the purple/orange of FEDEX or the brown of the UPS.

I can feel them moving down I-10 almost like psychic dibs.

I will have to wait two more days to actually see THE BOX.

;)

RT1
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• Aqs612scag
    Aqs612scag Posts: 102
    edited December 2004
    reeltrouble,
    congrats on your buy
    what kind of monitor 10's are they and how much did you pay for them?
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2004
    AQS,

My post was intended to "polk" a little fun at a well known polk master round here who has helped many a person on these boards. He has been searching for a way to get them to me for a while.

They are the older model with the peerless tweeter, since I got them "off board" I would prefer not to bring the details into play but did not want you to think I was rude by not responding at all to your question.

RT1
  • Aqs612scag
    Aqs612scag Posts: 102
    edited December 2004
    no problem RT1,
    I have just gotten a pair of 10A's myself. You're going to enjoy them very much.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2004
    Left work early today, because THEY are here. Yes, the Monitor 10's have arrived from Houston and we do not appear to have a problem! The pic shows the fine craftsmanship devoted by none other than Tour2ma in the art of BOX building. The camera however, just cannot do these babies justice. I could "feel" their hefty construction as I first approached them, then one touch and wham they took the breath out of me. :D

Seriously though Tour did me up right with this, they are very well packed and look to have survived the FEDEX trip well, I have not opened yet. Think I should, you know I want to. But as always I have a scheme. The holidays is the best time to build future Audio Capital, of course the little lady gets everything she wants and then just a little something special, but, if I get her to "give" these to me, as I have not yet seen them, she will see that glow on my face come xmas, thereby, feeling good about giving me audio stuff and making her feel like such a good woman. Think it will work!@(#_?????

PS--We been hitched for almost 30 years so she's hard to trick.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2004
    Yeah, but how do the boxes sound??? :D

Glad they arrived safely, Ted.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2004
    They probably sound like shite in those boxes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2004
    I thought they might be able to dig a little deeper in the box. So I dont think I can hold out till xmas, like a hard core drunk with a bottle of Thunderbird!!!