modding

Options
dudeinaroom
dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
I was wondering if any one knows of any mods, or upgrades i could preform on a mosfet receiver, It's a technics sa-dx950 dolby digital receiver, I know i know it's not really worth it, but i wanna play around and see if it will help get a little more out of my sda's,
Post edited by dudeinaroom on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2004
    Options
    You could increase the capacitance feeding the output stage, eliminate or lower any current limiting resistors in the preamp stage, put some nice filtering on the ac input side of the main transformer and damp the chassis with dynamat. Of course you would have to become intimate with the electronics. It would probably be more wise to add an external amp right now using the pre-outs of the receiver and then later trade out the receiver for a preamp. Once you get into the guts of the thing you may have to replace it anyway if all does not go well. :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts mad, My little technic does not have any pre outs:( :(:( , fo i'm kinda stuckwith that one for now. oh well, was thinking of upgrading the storagre on the main transformer, but have to check voltage first to see if what i already have will work,. Thanks again