Queen of the Dammed

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited February 2002 in Music & Movies
Wait for the DVD, and even then don't rush out to rent it. This is one of those "I enjoyed the tub of popcorn and soda more than the movie" movies.

Just another stupid vampire movie. Please please please Hollywood, drive a stake through the entire Vampire legend!!! Although, I am enthusiastic about the upcoming Blade 2.

Glad we went to the cheaper matinee show.

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    I'm a pretty big fan of the vampire stuff. I recently saw Bram Stoker's Dracula (or however you spell that guy's name). A very different and interesting movie. Yes Ron, I know Winona was in it!

Aaron
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2002
    The Anne Rice movies are NOT suppose to be just another vampire movie. The movie was low budget and it was rushed because WB screwed around and let the rights almost expire then hurryed to make it. "But when you have idiots making them." I HAD to go out and support this one. Soundtrack use good and the picture quality use really good. Bad acting, Bad characters, Bad makeup. If you are even skeptical of this one you not going to like it. It was #1 at box this weekend though over 15 mil. I am a big vampire movie fan. They are like sex and pizza "when they are good they are really good but when they suck they are still pretty good". JMO
    I am also hopeful for Blade 2. But it just looks like a repeat of the first so far. I am excited about the new Resident Evil Movie, looks like they pulled it off. LATER
    :)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    after reading an article on this movie, it looks like the only reason this movie made it to the theater is because of the unfortunate death of alliayh. sad really. they were about to pull the plug, but instead just **** rush job together to cash in a little. it's too bad...

bram stroker's dracula is my favorite vap. movie...(although i am not a big fan of this genre)
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited February 2002
    Originally posted by juice21
    after reading an article on this movie, it looks like the only reason this movie made it to the theater is because of the unfortunate death of alliayh.

Yeah, it was supposed to be Direct to Video! It is pretty sad that someone dying makes sales skyrocket. Like after 2pac died, everyone was crazy about him, calling him one of the best rappers ever. I remember in middle school the art teacher was telling us Van Gogh didn't sell hardly any paintings till he was dead. Heh heh.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2002
    Yeah, it was supposed to be Direct to Video!
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I followed this movie from the start and it was ALWAYS a big screen movie. Interview was like one of the highest money making vamp flicks made. Hollywood doesn't do direct to video on money making movies. Ya, they used Alliayh to promote the movie and that IS Hollywood for ya. Did the same with The Crow.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited February 2002
    Oh, yeah, Interview was great! I too, heard it wasn't intended for the big screen tho?!? Thought I read that in Entertainment Weekly, or some similar mag, a while back. Oh well, could be wrong.:p
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    Wait for the DVD, and even then don't rush out to rent it.
    That's mighty obvious just from the trailer.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.