3.1tl polyswitch?

BigJim
BigJim Posts: 48
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Can someone tell me where its located on the crossover? I think its supposed to be a small tan or blue disk with 2 leads but I cant seem to find it

Thanks, Jim.
Post edited by BigJim on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2004
    Look in Zabgola recent thread about bi-amp, there is a picture of a poly switch in there, or you can just do a search on the word polyswitch and you will see the thread, your crossover will likely look different buts the blue disc in the switch.
  • BigJim
    BigJim Posts: 48
    edited December 2004
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited December 2004
    Hmmm.... sorry Jim, I thought for sure there was, but after looking at the schematic you're right, none there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2004
    Hmmmmm

(A) signals a change, and later stands for polyfuse/switch on the schematic. Defined in the route as: DEL POLY SWITCH/ 22 GA WAS/ 20 GA; 1.3 ohms WAS 1 ohm

It should be inline with the tweeter + input, which should be black.

EDIT: The jumper means "bypass", as opposed to a simple trace to trace jumper?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited December 2004
    Ok, Doro and I discussed this via IM and I am convinced that the revision A deleted the the polyswitch that was originally planned for the crossover, ie. DEL POLYSWITCH. In it's place is a jumper that would be required to complete the circuit. One of us needs to ask Ken why they decided to delete it as that would make it the only Monitor/RTA/SDA speaker without fuse or polyswitch protection for the tweeter(s).

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2004
    Yea, that's weird.

The whole modification note refers to the resistor to the right as well....does that mean the resistor takes the place of the Safetyguard? It is a pretty low value in comparison to other schematics.

I have no idea. Where the hell are the EE's? They sure do bark alot when you wanna talk about cable theory, care to enlighten us here?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Where the hell are the EE's? They sure do bark alot when you wanna talk about cable theory, care to enlighten us here?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

President of Club Polk