Need Some Help Please!!!!!

halvard
halvard Posts: 16
edited December 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi..
i have just bought 2x MM2104 subs and 2x MMC690 6*9 speak.
And i have a amp problem, cus i hear so much crap. Not one of the shops i have spoken to have said or recommended the same amp, i am so confused.

WICH AM OR AMPS SHOULD I USE??

PS: anyone know how many litres my sub box should be? i heard 90ltr (both in the same box)
Post edited by halvard on

Comments

• halvard
    edited December 2004
    and money is no object.. just tell me wich amps are the best for theese subs and speakers...

MM2104: 300w rms
    MMC690: 100w rms
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by halvard
    and money is no object.. just tell me wich amps are the best for theese subs and speakers...
    Money is ALWAYS an object. What price range are you looking in?
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    From a mid-budget point, this MTX Thunder342 would be a perfect match for those 690's.

For the subs, I vote for this MTX Thunder421. Its rated at 210x2 which is under the 300 of those subs but MTX amps are very underrated so Ill guarantee ya its putting out at least 250 which would be just right. Polk subs dont like to be overpowered so this would be perfect.

If money isnt really a concern then try this Xtant 4.4. You can bi-amp the 690's with this.

Then for the subs go for this Xtant 6.1. Now youve got great speakers and subs and argueably the best amps on the market.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • halvard
    edited December 2004
    hey.. thanx for the advice macleod.. but why dont you use the amp you recommend.?? you use the crossfire.. ??

i just wanted to see what you think is the best amp for the speak. and subs. without thinking about how much the cost..
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Personally, Crossfire and MTX are my favorite amps. Both are competition level amps with excellent build quality and tons of clean power. I went with Crossfire cause they are a little more rare and they matched my power requirements I have for my upcoming system.

I originally was going to suggest Crossfires to you starting off with the VR402 but they really dont have a good match for your subs and I dont like to mix amps. They have the VR601 but its 600 watts at 1 ohm, which I think is kind of stupid!

Plus, the only site I know of that sells Crossfire is unauthorized.

You could go with a VR402 and VR401. They are very underrated too and the 401 would be putting out at least 450 total which would be fine for those subs.

Check them out for yourself. Theyve won enough sound off trophies to prove they are the goods!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • halvard
    edited December 2004
    what about this amp for the subs???
    MTX THUNDER

and for the speakers a polk momo 2 channel amp..?? or should i not mix amps?? i want to have the complete momo set you know.. hehe..
    POLK MOMO

or this if i use both mtx
    MTX THUNDER

what do you think??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2004
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2004
    Brax, Helix, USAmps, Zapco
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited December 2004
    US Amps... www.usamps.com

authorized dealer www.speedsound.com
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!