funny looking drivers in sda 2.3

Options
michael_w
michael_w Posts: 2,813
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
I seem to recall someone mentioning this in a different thread but I can't find it. I was looking at these sda 2.3's on ebay and I noticed the top and bottom drivers on the side of the array that has 4 speakers looks different. They are supposed to look like that right?

Heres a link
Post edited by michael_w on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Search function works well for stuff like that...

Here ya go, http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=23877
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I saw that too, WTF is that? I though maybe it was a wierd camera angle or something at first...:confused:
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • michael_w
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Thanks F1... That was the post I was lookin for. So I guess thats how you can tell sda srs2.3's from srs2.3tl's?
  • F1nut
    edited December 2004
    Options
    You're welcome.

Another dead give-away are the tweeters (if original), the 2.3 has SL2000's and the 2.3TL has SL3000's.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• michael_w
    edited December 2004
    Options
    How can you tell the difference between sl2000's and 3000's other than by pulling them out? Thanks
  • F1nut
    edited December 2004
    Options
    SL2000's look kinda like fish eyes with twisted wires coming out of them. SL3000's are kinda silver colored with a piece of black foam rubber surrounding them.

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2004
    Options
    SL2000 = Ugly
    SL3000 = Purty
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.