Todays find,Got H.E.D?

Options
hotwheelman
hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
edited December 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Found these hed's by cerwin vega and the stands on the bottom at the local thrift today, they even threw in a pair of altec lansing design 10 if I would just get them out of their way ( they need a refoam ).

I have been putting the hed's through the paces with my sons rig, so far I have been dually impressed with these and feel like they are a keeper. What has simply blew my away is their ability to soundstage like a ****, all vocals seem to come from in between them and the rest just falls right into place. They have a very tight bass response and are pretty solid down to about 45 hz, the woofer is an 8 incher and the dome tweet ( appears to be hard ) is about one inch dia. Woofs sport a rubber surround to boot.

Cabinets are decent with a few minor nicks and some minor cornering, there were not any grills with them but should be an easy fix. The control pots for the tweeters needed to be cleaned when I got them here but a squirt of mojo seemed to help ( no pun intended ).:D Stands are decent and look like the ones polk used with the monitor 10's. Source material used was paul brown, and my wifes brooks and dunn. Have not had a chance to cull up any more material to listen to this evening as I have been running a temp of 101 and feel like s***.

Picked it all up ( with the womans money ) for 15.00.

Later Gators,
Mike
"Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
"Hey big man let me hold a dollar"

Comments