SVS, LSi15, B&K plus more for local sale

Options
Emlyn
Emlyn Posts: 4,372
edited December 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Time for another house cleaning. I have the following items I'm interested in moving on. Conditions are per the Audiogon scale and are listed with each item.

Terms: local pickup sales only at this time. Cash or PayPal only. I can accept transfer or credit card PayPal payments.

If interested in buying, send me a PM. Prices are firm and fair. Alternative offers will be ignored. Equivalent trades will be considered.

**Sold**SVS PB2-ISD subwoofer, black, 9/10, no box. $650. **Sold**
Too much subwoofer for my house. Run with all ports open, amplifier never above 1/3rd power.
**Sold**Polk LSi15 floorstanding speakers, ebony, 9/10, boxes. $725.**Sold**
Very nice mellow speakers.
**Sold**Polk SDA-2A speakers, light oak laminate, 9/10, cable, boxes. $350.**Sold**
Beautiful condition, unusual special order color, tweeters replaced with newer Silver Coil Dome ones.
**Sold**Polk RT25 bookshelf speakers, black, 9/10, no box. $60.**Sold**
**Sold**B&K 7270 Series II 7-channel amplifier, 9/10, box. $1250.**Sold**
Identical to current B&K 200.7 amplifier except they replaced the variable output controls with balanced connectors. Output 200 watts per channel to 8 ohms. Warm sounding MOSFET amplifier. Runs hot by design, so adequate space would be needed. Weighs around 80 lbs.
Parasound Halo A23 amplifier, 9/10, double box. $600.
Attractive and full featured stereo amp. Output 125 watts per channel to 8 ohms. Sounds stronger. Balanced connectors, manual level controls.
Parasound Halo P3 preamplifier, 9/10, double box. $575.
Attractive and full featured stereo preamp. Remote, balanced input and output connectors.
**Sold**Panasonic CP72 5-disc DVD player, silver, 9/10, no box. $60.**Sold**
Faroudja processor, DVD-Audio. Excellent sharp picture quality.
**Sold**Polk FXi3 surround speakers, 9/10, box. $180.**Sold**
Post edited by Emlyn on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    edited December 2004
    Options
    what color are the fxi3's ?

talk about a fall cleaning
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Great prices from a great guy. I have to get down and see you anyways.

EDIT: Should have read closer, PM sent.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Damn you local pickup
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2004
    Options
    If I wasn't in the process of moving, there are at least 3 items I'd buy.

In my best Simpson's comic book guy voice:

Worst... Timing... Ever... :(
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    If anyone needs shipping assistance with items, I'm local to Emlyn and willing to help. I won't ship the speakers, but can help on the normal sized items.

It certainly depends on who you are, as I personally like to deal with people I know well from here, not new people. Sorry if that's a problem.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Wow, one of my items sold, let us know who the lucky people are!!! Speak up, don't be shy...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Let me know if the sale of the LSi's falls through, or if you have anymore LSi line speakers you want to get rid of
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    SVS = Me.
  • 2+2
    2+2 Posts: 546
    edited December 2004
    Options
    PM sent about hte DVD player....
    Daniel
    System 1: Martin Logan Vantage, Rotel RC 1070, B&K Reference 200.2, Music Hall DAC 15.2, Yamaha 2300

System 2: LSi15 w/db840, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Sony X2020ES

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, Music Hall Maven, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 4: RTi100, Harman Kardon AVR 230, Panasonic DVD
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    That DVD player looks like a great piece from the reviews I have seen. I was seriously thinking about it as well.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Yup Doro, that DVD would be item #2 on my list after the LSi's... One of these days I'll have to cross the border to compare the ISD and the + SVS models side by side... If you would be so inclined.

Really suprised noe one jumped on the SDA's yet...
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Anytime, man, now that you are within driving distance. Only if you make it an all day thing, no need to rush BBQ munchies and Demo's.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2004
    Options
    So what's the plan for the sub, Doro?
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Dedicated 2CH Bathroom rig.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Dedicated 2CH Bathroom rig.

The ports are big enough, but how are you going to flush. :confused:
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I'll just crap in a port and play some test tones to shoot it into the next door neighbors' yard.

Anyways, back on topic.....ALOT of great deals from Emlyn are still available, get your wallets out Polkies!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Mark:

Any room left in your house for people and furniture? :D

John
    No excuses!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Lools like your selling ALL of your stuff! What's up?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Emlyn
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Frank Z
    Lools like your selling ALL of your stuff! What's up?

Less than half really. ;)

I recently acquired a pair of SDA-SRS speakers and will still have a couple pair of SDAs left even if the ones above get sold. I'd rather not have speakers sitting around idle, plus I still want to use my garage during the winter.

The amps and other things have been replaced with better ones or with things that work better together.
  • Emlyn
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by john d. strong
    Mark:

Any room left in your house for people and furniture? :D

John

Sure, but sometimes I wish the rooms were bigger. :D
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Would the FXi3's go with RTi70's and a CSi40? If so I'm interested if I can talk you into shipping to Chicago.

Thanks,

Josh
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • fireshoes
    edited December 2004
    Options
    It wouldn't be an exact match, but since it's surrounds it would be close enough to not be an issue.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I'm on my way out to work but wanted to express interest on the 7270. Do you have any pics of it Emlyn? Email me at Brettw22@aol.com.

Thanks,
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Emlyn
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by fireshoes
    It would be an exact match, but since it's surrounds it would be close enough to not be an issue.

I think you meant to say they wouldn't be an exact match, which they wouldn't because the tweeters in the speakers have a lot different character.

If it were my system, I'd look around for the previous generation Polk surrounds, the FXi30s. Like Fireshoes says though, for surround effects the difference wouldn't be that noticeable.

I'll open remaining items to shipping tomorrow, except the SDAs and items without boxes.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    Options
    PM sent on 2-As
  • fireshoes
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Emlyn
    I think you meant to say they wouldn't be an exact match

Damn I hate when I do that. :eek:
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited December 2004
    Options
    PM sent. Thanks, Jeff
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2004
    Options
    So much for the pics of the 7270.......later.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Recently up the PB2-ISD from Emlyn....this is exactly what I needed.

I sat on the subwoofer and played the Finding Nemo, Darla scene over and over until my ears started bleeding.

Thanks Mark, excellent transaction as usual, subwoofer is A+.

WOO HOO!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Doro,

That is one KILLER deal on the PB2isd! WOW!!! If that were in my neighborhood, it would've been mine!

So long PC+ is what I would've done! :D
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound